Live Collection featuring The Scotoshite Volvo MASSIV (SVM) sponsored by John Candy Promotions

davidfowler2000

As hinted in the MODRIN shite forum, I sold the daily MODRIN VW Golf diesel. A few reasons for this - it won't comply with the Glasgow ULEZ that kicks off in 2022 so if I sell it now rather than closer to that time, I will get an extra 2 years value and I won't lose the lack-of-compliance value. It's being replaced by another MODRIN. So I'll admit now, it's a Volvo. Because of course it is. But I won't say what or where it is so if you already know at least keep it quiet until it's revealed at the end of this thread. Bear in mind it is replacing a non ULEZ compliant 2009 VW Golf GT TDI so that should keep you all guessing. There's also been quite a long drag since the last big mad SVM collection. rml2345 got his 740 from the FoD but he got a lift down to that. The last mental one was probably the time I went to Essex to get the big yellow bus. This one will also be the first in a while that will be done ENTIRELY by public transport. No lifts. No taxis.

Even though it's a MODRIN, who doesn't love a good collection thread?
Anyways, I'll be leaving the house in the next half hour or so and when I return, I shall have a new car outside the house. Backpack of travelling supplies packed and just enough time to have tea and catch up on some Deboss Garage on YouTube...

IMG_20190716_134926.jpg

2 hours ago, 320touring said:

Oooh, good luck kapatain flowers

Mur hoping for a high output pez c30

or a v40 hatch when he said golf gan whit noo can i haz? :D

c30 might be a bit auld for the u lezzers unless its very late (we are looking at them if theyve done gazillion miles etc

suzuki jimny?  :P

42 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

We have those on Greater Anglia (well 321s, but same thing).  They're dreadful.

We have some 321s converted to 320/4. They've had a coach taken out to make a 3 same as the native 320/3s. I can imagine a 321 being sluggish but the ScotRail ones are great. I'd happily drive one all day. Fave type of unit.

3 minutes ago, skattrd said:

I think he's just posting random stations where he's stopped whilst working recently and he's actually been on a fast train to Plymouth the whole time.

I have been to all posted stations today. And it will continue.

7 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

We have some 321s converted to 320/4. They've had a coach taken out to make a 3 same as the native 320/3s. I can imagine a 321 being sluggish but the ScotRail ones are great. I'd happily drive one all day. Fave type of unit.

I'm speaking as a passenger rather than a driver obvs.  They do feel slow compared to the 360s and 379s, but they're also cramped (5 abreast seating), noisy and boiling in the summer.