Dreams do come true. Shitestyle.

nacho man

• 2 months later...

This old crate is doing some sterling service, the dog loves bombing about in the back of it with me, he must have class as he aint a fan of getting in mrs T's Yaris. Plus when he is friggin filthy he cant really make a mess in the back.

64861684ea10df480b32901c4b7d9445.jpg

Its losing a touch of water, but never gets hot and I don't seem to see any drips on the drive, but will monitor it. What's surprising is how refined it is, yeah I mean its no Maybach like buts its alright sat at 70 odd.

The hgs do go on these slowly. A lad round the corner had an Astra saloon  with that lump and it ate water for years. Eventually he put it in for the HG but the head needed skimmed, the machine shop somehow lost the head and it ended up getting scrapped. 

Saw one of these in a dark blue today and commented how clean it looked and how I hadn't seen one in years. Got a sideways glance and a shrug from my lass. Some people just don't get it, it was an M reg. Your thread has just confirmed my odd lust for one, there's nothing really this size around anymore (apart from caddies)

• 4 weeks later...

ccd2703690f3d113871f22202594bbcc.jpg

So when it rains and you go through any standing water the power steering just decides to stop working.

Which was a bit disconcerting the first time it happened and I was doing it’s average cruising speed of 160mph.

However now I know it’s coming it’s alright but what could it be?

The belt and tension looks fine and the level is correct????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/14/2019 at 11:20 AM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Nothing faster than a Royal Mail Sherpa diesel van.

If you lived in Swansea/Neath area years ago the fastest vehicles on the road were "Kenyons" Astramax vans down the Rigos bank. Various tales of speeds achieved but one passed me at well over an (indicated) 100mph before!!!! 

6 hours ago, Danterzza said:

ccd2703690f3d113871f22202594bbcc.jpg

So when it rains and you go through any standing water the power steering just decides to stop working.

Which was a bit disconcerting the first time it happened and I was doing it’s average cruising speed of 160mph.

However now I know it’s coming it’s alright but what could it be?

The belt and tension looks fine and the level is correct????

It's just a v belt. They're very susceptable to water making them lose their grip on the pulley. If the location of the power steering pump is similar to my old MK3 golf it's ideally placed to get drenched! Likly it'll be tensioned right it's just a shit idea. Love this by the way. Did my learning in my dad's astra van

• 5 months later...

Put a new belt on it in the end as it was getting on a bit. Gave it another oil and filter change as it costs nothing for this.

Then I lent it my old man and he used it daily over winter, and has been faultless.

I am missing it at the moment and fancy a trundle about in it for no reason but obviously that’s a no no right now.

Think it might be sold on in the summer as it won’t really have a use then.

• 2 months later...

Had this bad boy on car and classic for a few quid last week and it went straight away. Was free motoring for a year or so. Did 5000 miles in it.

She had a new rad in recently has had a very small coolant leak when hot, probably could of banged some “no more leaks” in it or something but she has been a trooper and it was under £60 for a new rad and £15 for some nice new coolant.

Here she is just before she went.

10f908e0a095eb19ef9b23735ba89ed6.jpg

Have a few more for good luck.

813e5bfa8a69f06cca033ba34eab0b37.jpg

f161742bf5ffe437478bf06f244c17ba.jpg

ee25d514769b5dc68cc7a1f51d78248a.jpg

6c5f3c21bd505dd64e7719283c66e420.jpg

I had the shape after this brand new for work, T reg with the same engine. I did 50k miles in a year all flat out. I managed (a record for the company) 118mph on  long sweeping downhill part of the A66. It had a 100k on it at two years old and I can't remember it ever having a service although it did use a litre of oil every 1k miles.