Dreams do come true. Shitestyle.

nacho man

You lucky bugger.GM engine to,much better than the Isuzu.They fly and do 50 mpg.Had one as a courier van,did a very hard 220k in my hands and was super reliable.HGF saw it off in the end,should have repaired it, it deserved it.Been looking for another for ages but virtually extinct now.Bloody well bought sir.

10 hours ago, Danterzza said:

Also I am thinking original wheel trims if I can find some or some period alloys.

These going too far????

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223576508531

Also are all mk3 astras 4x100??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All 4 stud Vauxhall fwd cars will have interchangeable alloys.  

Those cavalier  GSI slabs would definately fit. And are fit.  If you buy them and want a spare the same size I have something on my shed you can have for free.  Off a tigra or calibra 

20190710_051755.jpg

Everyone should have a small van, I'm missing mine a lot. My brother had a few of those Astra vans back in the day, they always seemed quicker than the equivalent car, whether it was that they were lighter or better geared, or just that vans are always the fastest things on the road (especially in white) I'm not sure.

13 hours ago, Dan the van said:

You lucky bugger.GM engine to,much better than the Isuzu.They fly and do 50 mpg.Had one as a courier van,did a very hard 220k in my hands and was super reliable.HGF saw it off in the end,should have repaired it, it deserved it.Been looking for another for ages but virtually extinct now.Bloody well bought sir.

I always thought the low blow gm units were generally thought to be a bit shit compared top the Izuzu units?

Can only speak from my own experience of course,but I really rate that lump.All it needed in that 220k(apart from monthly oil changes)was two sets of glow plugs,a set of leak off pipes,a new o ring seal on the oil cooler collar and a clutch.Not bad really seeing it spent most of it's time being hammered round central London.Driven a few of the mk4 Isuzu engined one's and found them harsh and noisy in comparison. (and no faster).

Picked this bad boy up last night.

Binned the trims and have given it a quick clean and polish this morning while I was “seeing a client”

Also banged some silver wheels paint on the steels to freshen it up.

640e873770399d58c219e12d333f7f3e.jpg

Will do for now till I sort some original trims or period alloys, going to go hunting in scrappies weekend to find some interior bits.

TBH the original trims were notorious  for falling off,usually after scraping a kerb.I lost most of mine that way and just ran it without.Gsi or Sri rims look ace tho'.Factory mudflaps are worth getting,they tend to get very dirty waist down.And wind deflecters to stop you getting a wet leg in the rain with the window open.

• 2 weeks later...

Been bombing about in this a fair bit this week.

It’s Friggin bob on.

It’s got the rad fan on a switch. Which ain’t a bother as the temp never goes about the middle, even when in traffic. But I would like to sort it properly, as Mrs T wants to take the dog out in it and I don’t want to have to tell her about that as she will have a meltdown and refuse to drive it.

Would this have some sort of computer controlled thingy for operating the fan, or just a thermo switch that turns it on at a certain temp.

As it’s had a new sensor, and a brand new rad fitted recently.

49e901ea97244204cd80cc4f4743531f.jpg

5b914ae3e905a61e3ba51911feb905d9.jpg

9 hours ago, Danterzza said:

Been bombing about in this a fair bit this week.

It’s Friggin bob on.

It’s got the rad fan on a switch. Which ain’t a bother as the temp never goes about the middle, even when in traffic. But I would like to sort it properly, as Mrs T wants to take the dog out in it and I don’t want to have to tell her about that as she will have a meltdown and refuse to drive it.

Would this have some sort of computer controlled thingy for operating the fan, or just a thermo switch that turns it on at a certain temp.

As it’s had a new sensor, and a brand new rad fitted recently.

49e901ea97244204cd80cc4f4743531f.jpg

5b914ae3e905a61e3ba51911feb905d9.jpg

Thermo switch on rad.It's down on the intercooler side iirc.No computer bollox on these.