The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

28 minutes ago, TrabbieRonnie said:

Is that a Yaris poking it's face into shot beside the Perodua!?!  They're coming for you man!  

Nice one anyway, looks a cool wee thing... I had a Suzuki Alto of the same vintage once, loved it, reminded me of my old mk3 fezza.  

Yeah two of my neighbours own Toyotas. A Yaris and an Aygo. The Aygo is a 2008 semi auto and has just had a gearbox rebuild @£700!

I'm a Toyota tickler, so struggle with the idea that they EVER ftp...!  (have just spent a happy day changing the front wheel bearings on the Surf, but that's only needed once every 27 years...)  Iirc, wasn't the aygo the result of a menage-a-tra (spell check may be required there) between Toyota, Peugeot and Citroen?  

That would explain the gearbag shenanigans.

12 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Out of interest, where did one buy a Perodua in 2004 in the Anglia region? I worked in Peterborough at the time and don’t recall. 

I love the looks of these; almost 60s at the front and side profile. 

Here apparently 

PE6 7UX 

Screenshot_20190922_121919_com.google.android_apps_maps.thumb.jpg.08ac7b118ca783de43067ebb62b64af0.jpg

Out of interest, where did one buy a Perodua in 2004 in the Anglia region? I worked in Peterborough at the time and don’t recall. 
I love the looks of these; almost 60s at the front and side profile. 

There’s the place in Eye that The Doctor mentioned that’s on the plates and there was a desert in Streatham near Ely which until recently still had signs up. They sell Great Wall pickups now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Wingz123 said:

What's the history of this car? I.e much service history too? Are they chain or belt....am guessing belt? What sort of fuel economy aRe you getting?

No history

Belt driven. 

55mpg average according to others. 

I've owned many Daihatsu 3 pot cars, and I know they are good engines but they need the oil looking after, or bottom end damage can occur. This one has been run low, so I'm hoping no damage has been done. 

I'll put it through an MOT next month, and if it passes, then great, but if not, no worries. 

I think Kelisas feel a bit like a late Rover Mini to drive. Similar gearbox and noise. Extremely high-geared which takes a bit of getting used to, but super economical and not much to go wrong with them. Yes the 3-pot engine is quite unrefined and that harshness hits you when you first start it up, but it's surprisingly quiet at speed.

My sister owns a blue one she's called Ella (numberplate is EU06 LLA). It's been a great little car, very reliable and I have first refusal when she upgrades as I love it!

Completely forgot I took this photo exactly a year ago. 

LOL at that sticker.

The MOT is coming up on it, hopefully it keeps on plodding. I’m not sure if it’s a local car; I saw it a few times and then never again.

63342A18-B849-465E-A8A3-71C0CE5E1474.thumb.jpeg.4a375424044dd1616d1784d4023ec3ff.jpeg

Are there (m)any differences to the Daihatsu cars?