The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

I know I don't tend to keep cars long, so I guess I'm going to use this thread to mark my vehicular shenanigans. 

My current vehicle is the ex GM's mum's Nissan Almera. 

All I've done since getting it is fix the boot, remove the crappy wheel trims, break the boot again and fit some new slightly less crappy wheel trims. Oh, and clean the rusty bits and paint over. 

Still to do: exhaust repair and rear pads. 

IMG_20190713_100815.thumb.jpg.f8f323d9509a4d5efb697bde83237ea7.jpg

IMG_20190713_100806.thumb.jpg.c2e85b02c587999dbbab1af3dc1e2a20.jpg

Latest news. Brake pads and discs acquired, thought I might as well do both. Will sort when I get a chance. 

In other news, I've been offered a Proton for a very reasonable price... Do I try to roffle the Almera? Do I stick with it and stop being silly with cars? 

Do I accept that I am piss-poor and start taking the bus? 

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

400 quid. Not sure if that's it's public price, but that's what I was given. 

That's a new car. Well I class anything with the new style reg as new. Good price but as you say I'm not sure if good or not

I tried selling a long MOT 03 diesel Avensis on Facebook for fucking months, it ended up being the cheapest in the country by far at 400 quid and I STILL only ever got timewasters and people saying “200 I’ll  come today”, I wouldn’t bother with it.

Now.

If you were me (different to "If I were you") you'd buy that Proton knowing that it's been absolutely cherished and adored, that it has been owned by someone who absolutely knows their stuff inside out, and you wouldn't consider it further.  You'd just buy it.  You'd ask me to go and fetch it for you, bearing in mind it's two miles away from mine, and then you'd come and get it sooner rather than later.  You'd then continue to love and cherish it for the next 3-5 years, and it would reward you with "turn key" operation.

But.  If you're going to buy it, get bored in a month and sell it at a crippling loss, save the effort.  Save the time.  It's summer.  Kids will be off.  There's more to life than old cars.

If I wanted to buy a car at the moment, it would be that one.

DO IT!

4 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Now.

If you were me (different to "If I were you") you'd buy that Proton knowing that it's been absolutely cherished and adored, that it has been owned by someone who absolutely knows their stuff inside out, and you wouldn't consider it further.  You'd just buy it.  You'd ask me to go and fetch it for you, bearing in mind it's two miles away from mine, and then you'd come and get it sooner rather than later.  You'd then continue to love and cherish it for the next 3-5 years, and it would reward you with "turn key" operation.

But.  If you're going to buy it, get bored in a month and sell it at a crippling loss, save the effort.  Save the time.  It's summer.  Kids will be off.  There's more to life than old cars.

If I wanted to buy a car at the moment, it would be that one.

DO IT!

Absolutely. 

I think to be fair, I need a break from scrabbling with funds, trying to sell one car to get another, thinking the grass is greener etc and just run the current car until it dies, mot fails etc. Then maybe, just maybe start the process again... 

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Latest news. Brake pads and discs acquired, thought I might as well do both. Will sort when I get a chance. 

In other news, I've been offered a Proton for a very reasonable price... Do I try to roffle the Almera? Do I stick with it and stop being silly with cars? 

Do I accept that I am piss-poor and start taking the bus? 

Well... by your own admission you is skint and you'd probably only keep the Proton for 10 minutes so my vote goes to the Almera.

Does the Almera work to a satisfactory level, does it do reasonable emmpeegees? Is it comfy and decent enough to drive?

If yes to any of these questions you should then immediately buy the Proton.

We all know you are going to unless a drastic plan of action happens which entails having the AS gene removed forcibly.

We all know how this is going to work out, why else would you be on this forum.