The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

9 minutes ago, New POD said:

The issue is getting in the car with damp feet.  Water evaporates in the day, condenses on the window in the evening and freezes in the night. 

You need to dry your feet before you come in. 

Maybe... but

11 minutes ago, fairkens said:

Mrs H's Leon Cupra was like this, this morning, its less than a year old so not just an old car thing!

I’d be taking that in to be looked at - dodgy door/window seal surely. Unless you regularly store damp clothes etc in the car. 

My year old 3 series was absolutely bone dry inside this morning as I’d expect it to be 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 9:18 AM, Skut said:

The ZR was like this until i fixed the sunroof. The sign of a leak id have thought, not just wet shoes. 

Yeah I've had this issue before and eventually I found puddles, either in the spare wheel well or the passenger foot well. I really hate cars that leak.

6 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Suppose I'd better update this thread with my latest conquest. A topless French lady no less! 

Screenshot_20191202_175158_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.5bcb36835145d2ad28782c56bdd9cf14.jpg

IMG_20191202_121555.thumb.jpg.0fe8a43976da56946e9927a671dbf452.jpg

IMG_20191202_174720.thumb.jpg.c2f9e16c04a7140891cf593ec5bcb7ec.jpg

How long will I keep it? Place bets now! 

At least until around Easter when the weather brightens up and there is some demand for topless French ladies.

40 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I know, hence my question. Don't want it to look chavvy or shit.

Probably better to get the correct colour and respray I guess

In all seriousness as long as you can do it properly a wrap over it would look fine 

agreed, that particularly nice coppery gold colour really suits them, this red is a close second.  For your lacquer peel, just key it back with some fine paper and spray some fresh lacquer on, even if it's not the smoothest finish it'll look a billionty times better than black.  Black will end up making it look a bit gap-toothed.

5 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Mine has pretty bad lacquer peel on the grille, so was wondering if I should spray / vinyl it black or carbon fibre.

See poor MSPaint example...

Any thoughts?

IMG_20191202_121555.thumb.jpg.0fe8a43976da56946e9927a671dbf452.jpg.67072a51be3e984724e039cd2175c486.jpg

Diablo red is always a sod for lacquer peel. On my old red pugs that had a similar issues I used gaffer tape to pull the lacquer off - wax on - wax off style - leaving just the basecoat to re-laquer with a good quality rattle can. It's not textbook but I found it worked well. 

7 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

My other half has an issue with convertible cars due to fears of rolling them. (She was in a rollover crash in a Nova when she was younger). 

I'd better not show her this... 

Big oooof. 

Ah I think she needs a 9000 then 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4cPWZ9VdI8

Big lump of Swedish steel..

(Mind you it's a lovely 306... Wonderfully designed cars, rollover concerns ignored for a minute...)