The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

2 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

IMG_20191025_135641.thumb.jpg.0b3f654d781b7530b7e1385689eecfcf.jpg

IMG_20191025_135629.thumb.jpg.c6c97031cf331489ff4d42d43c1272a5.jpgNothing to report, quite uneventful really, apart from the look on the Curry's staff's faces when they saw the vehicle they were going to be loading into

That's seriously impressive for a tiny car.  The back seat must fold pretty flat (a feature a lot of modern hatchbacks are surprisingly crap at).

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

IMG_20191025_135629.thumb.jpg.c6c97031cf331489ff4d42d43c1272a5.jpgNothing to report, quite uneventful really, apart from the look on the Curry's staff's faces when they saw the vehicle they were going to be loading into

Looks made to fit!. Did you take it for a spin? (I'll get my coat...)

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

New* CD player, thanks to @Wingz123

It's the same as the old one, so I've kept the old fascia, as I prefer black. 

IMG_20191030_181217.thumb.jpg.8e1cbc8615de4f9501c37c7acff7a069.jpg

Apart from accidentally putting the original one back in by mistake first of all, it all works fine. 

Although, it won't keep time or stations, have I done something wrong?

I'm afraid I havent had this in my car since 2009? And even then I didnt have it in there for long. It was taken out and stored in the kitchen cupboard.....not sure on settings etc I'm afraid sorry. 

5 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Oddly enough, the old one was fine, but had to be manually turned off as the ignition had no effect on it. 

I thought it was quite annoying, but this one is the opposite... 

yer the old one would have been wired to the permanent live then sans ignition wire, swap the yellow and red wires round to restore your previous state

3 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Not that it's exactly newsworthy, but I'm taking a break from forums and social media for a bit, for my own sanity. 

Not wanting to send you any more insane than you feel already but i see irony in your declaration on a forum that you are taking a break.

However. I thank you for telling me, because I might have worried. 

Irony indeed. 

Can't stay away from this place, but I'm definitely not missing Facebook... 

Updates on the pocket rocket:

Back bumper rattles, that will get annoying. 

Wiper squeaks. Already annoying, will fix soon. 

I've had to mangle the rear arches to stop the huge* wheels from rubbing over big bumps. It doesn't look pretty, but is functional. Fronts rub on inner wing on full lock - solution is to not use full lock. 

Tightened up throttle cable, it 'feels' more responsive now. It was as baggy as... well, use your artistic license... 

Other than that, it just does very well as being an car. And this is the third month I've owned it, so I'm doing well.

The Mini and the 172 have my son's doodles on the frost on them, every time he walks past. My wife took it to another level last night by drawing a big pair of tits on the 172 windscreen though. Replicates the face of the man who usually drives it though, so nobody will notice......

30 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

The Mini and the 172 have my son's doodles on the frost on them, every time he walks past. My wife took it to another level last night by drawing a big pair of tits on the 172 windscreen though. Replicates the face of the man who usually drives it though, so nobody will notice......

pair-of-tits.jpg.5ab344e0ed6bf639dc20848b88ccba97.jpg