The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

Still has the crappy bonnet though... 

IMG_20200111_125352.thumb.jpg.6e34e0ee96085b05b50e497b5038f7bb.jpg

I'm going to have to fiddle with the carb I think, it idles really low once warm, about 450-500rpm. Also takes quite a few cranks to start when warm. 

I'll start by chasing any vaccum leaks and I'll add an online fuel filter. 

Those trims suit it, which I’m surprised at, as they look kind of awful off the car.
I’m also amazed this is carb, the 92 K reg 1 litre I had last year was injected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's an early 1992 one. As by August 92 the emissions test changed effectively mandating a catalytic converter and by proxy fuel injection of some sort.

23 minutes ago, Spurious said:
32 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:
Those trims suit it, which I’m surprised at, as they look kind of awful off the car.
I’m also amazed this is carb, the 92 K reg 1 litre I had last year was injected.

I think it's an early 1992 one. As by August 92 the emissions test changed effectively mandating a catalytic converter and by proxy fuel injection of some sort.

Registered 1st August 1992

39 minutes ago, Spurious said:
49 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

I was selling Vauxhalls at this time and the non cat, non inj cars had to be registered by Jan 1993. This meant we had to preregister a couple of Novas before the mandatory rule came in and robbed the Nova 1.2 of 10 bhp! It seems Citroen managed to increase power with single point inj.

As detailed in another thread, I'm looking at the small holes that need patching for the mot and debating whether to get them done in advance, or wait until mot time and deal with it then. 

Unless it's a catastrophic fail (which I doubt), I'll be making sure it's kept on the road at least another year, so maybe I'm worried for nothing... 

IMG_20200114_100229.thumb.jpg.0bfa41555a50ae73a3e7f363677f59a2.jpg

In other news, I'm away for a work thing, staying in a Holiday Inn in Croydon and driving one of these.. 

Living the high life, 

IMG_20200114_224820.thumb.jpg.4f9a020ae56560e2aa16cfe18c66edeb.jpg

8 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

What did you do to be punished that severely!

I'm interviewing my replacement, I can't move into my new role unless I replace myself... ??

But because the area I manage is/was South London, they have decided that the best place to situate the new person is Croydon...