TheDoctor

The Doctor's travels through time - 2004 Perodua Kelisa - That just about caps things off.

This is great news. It could have gone the other way and you could be looking at a car that could have a huge repair bill, it have a failure against it and be back in the predicament with no car (well not a working one) again. Then youd be feeling really crap again so things are looking up starting with this!!

I would be feeling very pleased about this and you should buzz off this for a good while I know I would. You have come off good. The car is talking to you....it is saying "Doctor you have had some real shit you daft doc, but we were destined to find each other and as soon as I set headlights on you it was LOVE....you took me in when no one else wanted me and for that I reward you with an MOT and a throaty burble from three of my little cylinders"👍😂😂😂😂

Now just drive it and keep it going, that really is it! If you need to tinker then just pull the interior out and give it a good clean! Dont for heavens sake change it and switch to something that requires a whole heap of confidence building in it. The fact is it went through an MOT says something and parts shouldn't be much for what it needs....ebay is your friend on that one.....sort by p+p cheapest first....

Oh and on dust covers, I went through a period of thinking it easier and cheaper to replace the dust cover but to be honest 9 times out of 10 it's just easier to replace that part! For example the dust cover on a ball joint.....I'd just chuck another ball joint in it if it is the removable sort. 

Perodua for the win! It deserves a magic tree now....new car scent for extra pezazzz!

3 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I've also got a square number plate coming for the front, for OMGJDMSCENE points. 

Hahahahah next week itll be 13" banded steelies and chopped springs with a pair of your mrs black tights over the rear lights...

Decided to find out why the driver's side speaker wasn't working. 

Erm. That may be why. 

IMG_20191005_173146.thumb.jpg.4db2e3b8010d3b11c26c869a0b3af495.jpg

Successfully bodged a spare one in. 

IMG_20191005_174605.thumb.jpg.944e20641eeba8568ee6bb1856cc18e8.jpg

Did a few other jobs including changing air filter (chavvy cone filter for now), redirecting the oil breather (it was spitting into the throttle body.) and flushing out the windscreen washer bottle as it was cloudy. 

Littlun helped

IMG_20191005_173546.thumb.jpg.717bebdbce3bac43320dee28ac11b6f7.jpg

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

It's funny, he almost looks like a full sized person next to the Kelisa 

Still need a CD player if anyone has one spare. 

Yes I have one...send me a text or pm doc

I'll remove it from the fascia...

20191006_135016.thumb.jpg.332ac10c155236dbef2616c059b38b9a.jpg

3 hours ago, Fumbler said:

There's one of those just dowen the road. Being used as a courtesy car!

Phwoar, what I'd give to have to have a Prodder as a courtesy car! Shit CCs are the best, there's nothing faster than someone else's shitter. 

12 hours ago, Crackers said:

Phwoar, what I'd give to have to have a Prodder as a courtesy car! Shit CCs are the best, there's nothing faster than someone else's shitter. 

The autocentre down the road also has a Toyota Starlet (with chrome trim!), Nissan Micra and a Hyandai Atoz+, along with their Prodder. Top class motoring.

13 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Yep, 3 tyres were advisories on MOT, and understeer is an issue in the wet. 

Might just end up putting a cheap set of wheels off something else on, will be easier. It's not like it's a high performance machine... 4x100 so plenty choices. 

gallery_used-car-carlist-perodua-kelisa-gx-hatchback-malaysia_0513942_761188578_v1sm.thumb.jpg.1f1830e22b6965dcdb87890d565c644f.jpg

Swapped the colours over on the wheels thanks to pound shop rattle cans and leftover wheel silver. 

Repositioned the number plate slightly. 

Bodywork has some shocking colour match repairs, not me honest! 

Nothing else to report except that I've done nearly 450 miles, mpgs are good and the speedo is very unrelated to the actual speed. Put it this way, 95mph on the speedo is 4000rpm in 5th. Apparently these top out at 88mph.

IMG_20191015_164608.thumb.jpg.87ea14ba4c3ccff98adfa12e101966f9.jpg

IMG_20191015_164557.thumb.jpg.229af777b906b54ee84590b53f71ef1a.jpg

IMG_20191015_164345.thumb.jpg.abf11349f7f6434fb7e78645a65b753e.jpg