The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

1 minute ago, Skut said:

Sounds fruity when revved. How're the fluids? 

Oil was on the bottom of the dipstick when I got it. Topped it up but it scared me because there's a flat bit inside the engine where you put the oil in and it looks like you've filled it to the brim... 

I'll try to get a picture at some point. 

I'm sure dipsticks don't 'fail' and give an incorrect reading... ?

I remember that oaf Clarkson and his cronies in the motoring press slamming these as characterless white goods when they were new. 

Thrummy 3 pot engine,  13 inch wheel at each corner, tiny dimensions, light as a feather and a large expanse of glass. Characterless right enough.

23 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

I remember that oaf Clarkson and his cronies in the motoring press slamming these as characterless white goods when they were new. 

Thrummy 3 pot engine,  13 inch wheel at each corner, tiny dimensions, light as a feather and a large expanse of glass. Characterless right enough.

Clarksonsmash_182503a.jpg.64274c1e04ba71ac0279fc9c33bc75f3.jpg

26 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

I remember that. In fact he smashed one up with a sledgehammer having just bought it. I'm sure he doesn't care he's doing a car a disservice as long as he's richer. 

6 minutes ago, HMC said:

Yeah weirdly the minimalist formula they slated is what makes them separate from most other recent cars and gives them character; celebrate what they are and not what they are not.

This. My sister had one of these:

domino.png.cec6f8686e889d80c734acc4648485ed.png

I very rarely drove it without a smile on my face, even on the occasion that I borrowed it to move house!

4 minutes ago, Wingz123 said:

^ crikey what are you? A house move? Lol One of the sylvanian family?.....that's about all you could fit in one of those wasnt it?

I was a student! And my SIII Land Rover was fucked (again). It took three trips to move my study bedroom contents (mostly a stereo and records) from Leeds to Huddersfield.

52 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

This. My sister had one of these:

domino.png.cec6f8686e889d80c734acc4648485ed.png

I very rarely drove it without a smile on my face, even on the occasion that I borrowed it to move house!

I had the 5 door, you'd be surprised what you can get into in one of them, I can't remember her name though!