The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

Yo Doc, I have a bag of ball joint dust covers and circlips left over from when I did one on my now-scrapped saab, they are three different sizes and there are at least five of each left if you want them gratis?

They'll be going in the bin otherwise so PM me if you want them posted to you. Doing the job isn't hard, but is slippery when you've greased the joints and squeezed the dust covers over. Took a dunce like me about 40 minutes to do one on the Saab. I reckon all 4 are do-able in 2 hours.

2 hours ago, Stanky said:

Yo Doc, I have a bag of ball joint dust covers and circlips left over from when I did one on my now-scrapped saab, they are three different sizes and there are at least five of each left if you want them gratis?

They'll be going in the bin otherwise so PM me if you want them posted to you. Doing the job isn't hard, but is slippery when you've greased the joints and squeezed the dust covers over. Took a dunce like me about 40 minutes to do one on the Saab. I reckon all 4 are do-able in 2 hours.

If the doc doesn’t want these could I please throw my hat in the ring? 

@TheDoctor glad you’ve got some good news now! 

1 hour ago, rainagain said:

If the doc doesn’t want these could I please throw my hat in the ring? 

@TheDoctor glad you’ve got some good news now! 

@TheDoctor has asked for them, but I'll ask if he can post on any unused ones to you when he's done. I only needed one but it was easier to buy a mixed bag of 20 at the time!

On 9/27/2019 at 6:13 PM, BorniteIdentity said:

Completely forgot I took this photo exactly a year ago. 

LOL at that sticker.

The MOT is coming up on it, hopefully it keeps on plodding. I’m not sure if it’s a local car; I saw it a few times and then never again.

63342A18-B849-465E-A8A3-71C0CE5E1474.thumb.jpeg.4a375424044dd1616d1784d4023ec3ff.jpeg

Are there (m)any differences to the Daihatsu cars?

I got full eyeball on this again tonight. Same road but further up. I’m going to stick a note on it saying “if it’s the end of the road, please let me know”.  There are at least 3 old car botherers in this small village, so it probably won’t surprise him!

This is great news. It could have gone the other way and you could be looking at a car that could have a huge repair bill, it have a failure against it and be back in the predicament with no car (well not a working one) again. Then youd be feeling really crap again so things are looking up starting with this!!

I would be feeling very pleased about this and you should buzz off this for a good while I know I would. You have come off good. The car is talking to you....it is saying "Doctor you have had some real shit you daft doc, but we were destined to find each other and as soon as I set headlights on you it was LOVE....you took me in when no one else wanted me and for that I reward you with an MOT and a throaty burble from three of my little cylinders"?????

Now just drive it and keep it going, that really is it! If you need to tinker then just pull the interior out and give it a good clean! Dont for heavens sake change it and switch to something that requires a whole heap of confidence building in it. The fact is it went through an MOT says something and parts shouldn't be much for what it needs....ebay is your friend on that one.....sort by p+p cheapest first....

Oh and on dust covers, I went through a period of thinking it easier and cheaper to replace the dust cover but to be honest 9 times out of 10 it's just easier to replace that part! For example the dust cover on a ball joint.....I'd just chuck another ball joint in it if it is the removable sort. 

Perodua for the win! It deserves a magic tree now....new car scent for extra pezazzz!

Decided to find out why the driver's side speaker wasn't working. 

Erm. That may be why. 

IMG_20191005_173146.thumb.jpg.4db2e3b8010d3b11c26c869a0b3af495.jpg

Successfully bodged a spare one in. 

IMG_20191005_174605.thumb.jpg.944e20641eeba8568ee6bb1856cc18e8.jpg

Did a few other jobs including changing air filter (chavvy cone filter for now), redirecting the oil breather (it was spitting into the throttle body.) and flushing out the windscreen washer bottle as it was cloudy. 

Littlun helped

IMG_20191005_173546.thumb.jpg.717bebdbce3bac43320dee28ac11b6f7.jpg