Asda motor oil on offer.

Lankytim

Just ordered some engine oil from Asda. The oil is pretty cheap as it is but they've got a "rollback" offer on on some lines, £14 for 5L of 05/30w fully synthetic so idea for modern shitters. The Volvo is overdue an oil change so I thought i'd treat it (and i'm broke atm)

Does anyone know anything about this Asda oil? I've read that it's made by Comma which in my experience is pretty good stuff.  Don't they make oil for Halfords too?

There’s probably only 5 or 6 companies making oil, then on top of that maybe 30 or 40 retailing it on in their own branding. The marketing on the other hand will tell you your car WILL blow up if you don’t use Castrol Edge. It’s the spec above anything else that matters. But on the other hand like I say you can get Ford Formula F for about £20 delivered, Asda might be £12 but by the time I’ve fucked about fetching it I might as well go for the genuine stuff. 

Ive got LIDL oil in the 04 audi tdi avant at the moment; its up to 360K or something, n as its 'high tax' here, n it had a few months test on it, I decided 'why not'... it was €20 for 5 litres.

...I think Valvoline at the local factors is €20 for 4,5litres which is usually go for; anyways I was explaining all this to my brother the other week n he reckons 'im mad' to 'take the chance' for .5 a litre ( mine does need the occasional top up) - as said above possibly all the same stuff; hes a bit different to me, the bro' - buys all the bits for a service all at once- airfilter/fuel filter, oil n filter; asks for the total to be rounded up; I tend to buy peacemeal 'when stuff like airfilters 'look bad' - economy is suffering... but im looking on the LIDL oil as 'flushing oil' for the moment... yeah, that's a good 'view for me' at this moment....