Northern Twixfests - WD-40 17 SEPTEMBER Page 27 THIS SUN

loserone

14 hours ago, clayts450 said:

Bring Cougar - I wanna paw it.

I have a plan to fix the plastic 'dumbell' by temporarily cannibalising another one I have squirrelled  away to upgrade to.  Should it work out I'll be there in mu rusty, slow, wheezy and thirsty beast.

Now I just need this glorious summer weather to pass over so I can actually get under the bonnet without fear of drowning.  I love how the coordinate the airshow for these weekends of freakish weather.

Yep, there's been a few overhead.

I used to live in Roker about 15-20 years ago (it's okay now, I've since been reintroduced to civilisation) and very strong winds wouldn't dislodge my knackered roof tiles to claim on the insurance, but one or two passes of that flying overhead and my yard was decorated with the remnants of abut twenty of the things.  Awesome sound.

Way hey!  Back on for the 'morrow, the Cougar roars again.  I removed the offending piece from my stash of spare parts and between showers swapped it over.  Fiddly bloody thing but able to get it sorted.  And to think the missus maligns my collection on drunken FleaBay purchases on the pretence that 'they may come in handy'

The offending article.  Cheap shite Ford plastics.

Busted!.JPG

Fluids checked, coolant topped up, hopefully that's just it settling after having a new rad fitted., and not a leak of some sort.
Tools chucked in boot, I think I'm ready, maybe I should throw a waterproof jacket and/or some sunscreen in the car, just in case ;)

1 minute ago, davidfowler2000 said:

My preparation for tomorrow was to fill up with fuel then go to the pub. 8 hours including a movie in the middle of it all. Should be ok in the morning.

May your hangover be small and barely and inconvenience. Id love to hear that T6 roar. 

The prize for newest Volvo is a twix. 

Well twenty quid of Sainsbury's finest instilled into the belly of the beast, and the throttle bodge seems good.  A few checks, some tools (i.e. gaffer tape and cable ties) chucked in the boot and I'm all good.

Must be said that the wife's reaction to me meeting strangers from the internet in a field in Bishop Auckland was that gaffer tape and cable ties were more likely to be used as  weapons of abuse.  She's so suspicious. For zero reason*

Oh, edited to add it wont be cleaned.  I haven't got time for that when it's running lean, the shocks are FUBAR'd, the rot is getting into paces it shouldn't.... you know the score.

this is an absurdly non committal post but it’s on 70 mins up the road so I may Bob up for scran and a nosey then bugger off home depending how my morning progresses as I’m supposed  renovating the house without any kids and wife around for a week, Volvo is also not taxed until 1st Aug so I’d be in a disgracefully modern A1 diseasal.

I’d bring the Sharan for a swan song but the petrol would wipe out the money from bridging it.

If people would also mention in passing how great the 305 would be at covering distance with a turbocharged XUD and a bit of sound insulation, loud enough for Mrs L1 to hear, that'd be great ?

6 minutes ago, Ohdearme said:

this is an absurdly non committal post but it’s on 70 mins up the road so I may Bob up for scran and a nosey then bugger off home depending how my morning progresses as I’m supposed  renovating the house without any kids and wife around for a week, Volvo is also not taxed until 1st Aug so I’d be in a disgracefully modern A1 diseasal.

I’d bring the Sharan for a swan song but the petrol would wipe out the money from bridging it.

So seeing you tomorrow then? That's how it reads.

I mean we all have shit to do that's more  pressing than a bacon buttie in field in Bishop, but what is more important? Howay man, I get wet today to make sure I'm good.  And I had to fuel the bloody thing, that costs money.

I've just been to the cheap shop to source MEET PRIZES.

Spoilers.................................. Its  (Aldi off brand) Twixes.

Classes:

Best Citroen.

Best German car.

Best Japanese car.

Best V8.

Best Rover.

Best 405.

Other 405.

Furthers Travelled.

Newest Car.

Oldest car.

Shittest car.

Best Newbie.

Other Newbie.

Best Shirt.

Best Shoes.

And any others I think up depending on how many fake Twixes there are left.

If I don't win best shirt it will be a travesty.

Tyres checked yesterday, one of the front ones has a slow puncture but it'll be fiiiine. Also filled it with super unleaded. Just the £97.50 spent on that!

Average MPG is now around 22.5 though, might even be up to 23 after this little jaunt.