Northern Twixfests - WD-40 17 SEPTEMBER Page 27 THIS SUN

loserone

9 hours ago, GeordieInExile said:

That Merc is ace, smooth as butter and about as quiet at idle. The 850 is a bit less fast than my T5 but also feels tighter and more planted on the road, and it gets 2.5x the MPGs. On the drive home around the sheep-covered hills of Weardale I had the T5 down to single figures.

It is a bit quick because it has a tuning box fitted, but it probably has a boost leak as well. I think I would have traded half a tank of fuel for your working A/C. The compressor in mine has long since been bypassed.

I got Monroe shocks for the front end for around £100 which made it feel a lot less boat-like and the rear has nearly new Sachs taken from a breaker.  

Yours drives nicely, be interested to know the real mileage if it's possible to find out without the OBD port.

6 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

A quick YouTube check says the port should be exactly where we looked, so I'm a bit stumped...

Robert DIY is a lifesaver for these cars. It might be in the engine bay, and it's an OBD1 port. Also gives a run down as to how to check the real mileage. 

https://youtu.be/9K-1WChRr9k

5 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:

Robert DIY is a lifesaver for these cars. It might be in the engine bay, and it's an OBD1 port. Also gives a run down as to how to check the real mileage. 

https://youtu.be/9K-1WChRr9k

**Please** tell me that as its OBD1 you have to count the flashes from a tiny LED bulb, one flash per mile recorded? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Brilliant pics @Inspector Morose and looked like a great day out for everyone.

7 hours ago, Jim Bell said:

Max's C5 must be the most comfortable way to enjoy a fake twix while traveling. Probably more comfortable and smooth than travelling on a private jet. 

Such a fine automobile. 

very much so!

a wise spend of £100

43 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

I like it better unfixed. Keeping the revs below 3000 really suits the car's character.

is not the sort of car for rushing, mind you it certainly handles better than you'd expect

Some very quick phone snaps from the meet. I hadn't checked the forum and thought I was meeting up with @Lacquer Peel in a mutually convenient place to collect some 850 parts he'd bagged from the infamous 'Volvo Jim'.

It was great to catch up with people; I drove @GeordieInExile T5 Auto; I liked @Schaefft's Lincoln; I spoke to @Inspector Morose and @chaseracer in person for the first time in ages. 

I will be checking the forum more often from now on - got out of the habit. 

TL;DR - turned up thinking I was collecting parts, did collect parts, didn't even win 'Best SEAT.' 

I have nothing AS-friendly running at the moment apart from my 960 saloon; it's not that bad on fuel for what it is at 30mpg and the air-con works but for long-distance work the 70mpg + of my Leon 5F was hard to ignore! 

I took the parts back to Peterborough that day and will be attempting a revival of the ex - @mk2_craig estate next weekend. 

CURRENT FLEET STATUS: 

1966 Volvo 121 - runs like anus
1985 Peugeot 305 S2 Estate Auto - no brakes or MoT
1986 Isuzu Piazza Turbo - cracked head, no test 
1993 Peugeot 605 SRdt - no test, needs pipework, parts acquired
1994 Volvo 850 T5 Estate - ex-Channel Islands, cost £50 
1994 Jeep Cherokee Limited - gubbed, stuck in Peebo 
1995 Subaru Impreza WRX GF8 - resting, needs cat, mysterious electrical faults y rust 
1995 Subaru SVX - on road, not settled garage bill yet 
1996 Volvo 960 -  on road

THE SHOW IN RATINGS: 

+ got sticker from @Jim Bell
- didn't manage to drive @Jim Bell's W210.

+ great chips
- coffee was a bit arse for £2.50 

+ great hill 
- bit steep 

IMG_20210724_155503.jpg

IMG_20210724_161551.jpg

IMG_20210724_161617.jpg

IMG_20210724_162100.jpg

IMG_20210724_162109.jpg

@GeordieInExile a pic of my ex-Jersey T-5 estate. 

This is an exceptionally flattering image. If you're wondering why the NSR window has a different texture to the other panes, it's not my polarising filter on the piss - that window's made of plastic. 

If it looks familiar, that's because it's the ex @mk2_craig 8£50 that @Exiled_Tat_Gatherer was gonna buy but I ended up with instead. Speedy service to Peebo, would use again. 

Fred is: 

DSC_0120.JPG

Class!

I didn't realise it was THAT Volvo. 

Fucking fantastic that it's still being cared for and improved.  

3 hours ago, alcyonecorporation said:

@GeordieInExile a pic of my ex-Jersey T-5 estate. 

This is an exceptionally flattering image. If you're wondering why the NSR window has a different texture to the other panes, it's not my polarising filter on the piss - that window's made of plastic. 

If it looks familiar, that's because it's the ex @mk2_craig 8£50 that @Exiled_Tat_Gatherer was gonna buy but I ended up with instead. Speedy service to Peebo, would use again. 

Fred is: 

DSC_0120.JPG

1 hour ago, Jim Bell said:

Class!

I didn't realise it was THAT Volvo. 

Fucking fantastic that it's still being cared for and improved.  

I have been quiet for a long time, about a lot of things eh. 

I don't know how much I can improve it but I can give it a good go. 

23 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

I have been quiet for a long time, about a lot of things eh. 

I don't know how much I can improve it but I can give it a good go. 

Really, it just needs the boost turning up and wiping over with a wet cloth, then it'll be about perfect man. 

16 hours ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Some very quick phone snaps from the meet. I hadn't checked the forum and thought I was meeting up with @Lacquer Peel in a mutually convenient place to collect some 850 parts he'd bagged from the infamous 'Volvo Jim'.

It was great to catch up with people; I drove @GeordieInExile T5 Auto; I liked @Schaefft's Lincoln; I spoke to @Inspector Morose and @chaseracer in person for the first time in ages. 

I will be checking the forum more often from now on - got out of the habit. 

TL;DR - turned up thinking I was collecting parts, did collect parts, didn't even win 'Best SEAT.' 

I have nothing AS-friendly running at the moment apart from my 960 saloon; it's not that bad on fuel for what it is at 30mpg and the air-con works but for long-distance work the 70mpg + of my Leon 5F was hard to ignore! 

I took the parts back to Peterborough that day and will be attempting a revival of the ex - @mk2_craig estate next weekend. 

CURRENT FLEET STATUS: 

1966 Volvo 121 - runs like anus
1985 Peugeot 305 S2 Estate Auto - no brakes or MoT
1986 Isuzu Piazza Turbo - cracked head, no test 
1993 Peugeot 605 SRdt - no test, needs pipework, parts acquired
1994 Volvo 850 T5 Estate - ex-Channel Islands, cost £50 
1994 Jeep Cherokee Limited - gubbed, stuck in Peebo 
1995 Subaru Impreza WRX GF8 - resting, needs cat, mysterious electrical faults y rust 
1995 Subaru SVX - on road, not settled garage bill yet 
1996 Volvo 960 -  on road

THE SHOW IN RATINGS: 

+ got sticker from @Jim Bell
- didn't manage to drive @Jim Bell's W210.

+ great chips
- coffee was a bit arse for £2.50 

+ great hill 
- bit steep 

IMG_20210724_155503.jpg

IMG_20210724_161551.jpg

IMG_20210724_161617.jpg

IMG_20210724_162100.jpg

IMG_20210724_162109.jpg

Ah so was this 960 that I saw at Mavericks Wales yours? 
04CDB64A-6717-49FB-A521-52E024EE0E77.jpeg