Northern Twixfests - WD-40 17 SEPTEMBER Page 27 THIS SUN

loserone

after a good think i am ready to give my quick reviews on each car i drove:

the ovlov, what a superb vehicle! literally as close to automotive perfection as you can get and looks beautiful

the panda, a very surprising little car..... really good at being a car and i imagine extremely economical

the pug, very typical psa tbh, nice engine and a rather nice gearchange

last but not least, the galant. What a surprisng car, fantastic to drive lovely steering and gear change and looks superb!

Sorry for repeating my September Field of Dreams gaffe...

image.png

(Slowsilver, to me: "whose is that bloody ugly modern parked near the Maxi?"?

It was really good to see everyone and, as Paul says, put some faces to names at last.  

The crossing was surprisingly unlumpy, given the wind, and we've just finished the day doing touristy stuff in and around Amsterdam.  This morning, we were at Zandvoort.  Did you know there's going to be a Dutch GP there this year?  Nor me.

https://dutchgp.com/en/

8 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

we were at Zandvoort.  Did you know there's going to be a Dutch GP there this year?  Nor me.

https://dutchgp.com/en/

yes. its been 35 years

shame the real racing happens at assen :P

https://www.ttcircuit.com/en/events/tt-motogp/

have trackdayed at zandvoort the aussie resturant is a larf near the circuit

dank u well

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 9:28 PM, loserone said:

I do apologise dear boy, I missed this as I've been absent from this forum awhile as I lost my word of passage,  It looked like you had a terrific time.  Definitely up for the next one!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • loserone changed the title to North East shiters meet 24th July 2021 Toft Hill - WIN TWIXES

Looks like we might have a couple of options for location. 

One is the same as last time.  The nice lady there has offered us a group meal deal type offer so you can expect a hot drink or pop and a bun filled with hot meat for £5.50.  Or £2 for chips.  It's also pretty convenient for many as it's right on the A68.

The alternative is that we try another place which is in Hunwick, walking distance from Middleton in Teesdale (I know, I've walked it drunk).

The food there is likely to be higher quality though probably a little bit more expensive.  Not dear though.  There might be a choice of a proper meal (I would expect to have to say "15 hot meals" or whatever, they will be good and properly cooked home made food) or just a snack and cake.  The roads will be narrow and windy and I'm going to check that there will actually be enough space for a reasonable group.  But it's a REALLY pretty spot, right on the Pennine way, right next to the river Tees, and they also have camping pitches (though, I don't know if any will be available).  

I invite responses for preference whilst I'm trying to figure out what might be best.  Are either a NO GO for anyone?

@DVee8, @maxxo, @tooSavvy, @Schaefft, @Split_Pin,@davidfowler2000

2 hours ago, groovyboovy said:

I think I would be interested, what vehicle are allowed, or will not be boo'ed off the field?

my vehicles are from

2016, 2005, 2003 and 1978, are they in or out of shitter territory?

I would just rock up and hope.  Probably with the oldest one, but whatever works mon.