Northern Twixfests - WD-40 17 SEPTEMBER Page 27 THIS SUN

loserone

Sorry chaps, I'm not going to make it.
I've had a little incident on the A1. I did consider carrying on but thought it best to turn around, go home and check the car (and me) over.

I was tootling along the A1 in the inside lane in traffic in the rain, doing below the speed limit, the car in front of me swerved, I didn't … BANG!

IMG_20190728_105055.thumb.jpg.fa1b3c8b54d53e59c53c5d783261a1a3.jpg

Airbags down the drivers side of the car deployed, I pulled over, the car felt ok in the 3-400m it took me to find somewhere safe to stop.
A quick check and externally the car looked ok, I couldn't see any damage and I had no idea what happened.
Whilst I was gaffer taping the airbags out of the way a police man pulled over, he told me there had been a wheel on the carriageway, which he had now removed. He had no idea where it had come from.

After taping the airbags out of the way I gingerly set off home.
There is a vibration on the car above 50mph now, which could be anything from a buckled wheel to something bent/broken on the suspension. 
I'm also a little shaken, and have a bruised arm from the side airbag deploying.

Shopping list now includes 2x door cards, and 3x airbags, and maybe headlining, plus whatever damage is found underneath … arsebiscuits.

Bastardo, my masterplan I’d grabbing BRD from Toolstation on the way up so I can’t crack on when Home has been foiled by their inability to accurately record their stock levels.

Im fecked now as running around branches to get what i need instead of being knee deep in mud and chod...curses.

22 minutes ago, skattrd said:

I've had a little incident on the A1. I did consider carrying on but thought it best to turn around, go home and check the car (and me) over.

I was tootling along the A1 in the inside lane in traffic in the rain, doing below the speed limit, the car in front of me swerved, I didn't … BANG!

Airbags down the drivers side of the car deployed, I pulled over, the car felt ok in the 3-400m it took me to find somewhere safe to stop.
A quick check and externally the car looked ok, I couldn't see any damage and I had no idea what happened.
Whilst I was gaffer taping the airbags out of the way a police man pulled over, he told me there had been a wheel on the carriageway, which he had now removed. He had no idea where it had come from.

There is a vibration on the car above 50mph now, which could be anything from a buckled wheel to something bent/broken on the suspension. 
I'm also a little shaken, and have a bruised arm from the side airbag deploying.

Shopping list now includes 2x door cards, and 3x airbags, and maybe headlining, plus whatever damage is found underneath … arsebiscuits.

Fuck man. Glad you're ok. 

Safe journey home. 

1 hour ago, skattrd said:

Bad luck but at least you’re walking and talking.

48396646507_03b430ccb5.jpg

48396549517_88ed83ce1b.jpg

Choc-a-Blok :)

*suitable offering to winner of 'most corpulent belly/distended top' Of the Day!

** .... Not in pic above!

GR9 effort.... Enjoyed the craic [SavvyTalkdecoder working?] and as unassuming bunch of very nice people as I've ever stomped soft wet grass with.

pure joy

TS 1 + 2 ;)

Just got home. Thanks again for the organization and to all that have come. I think it'll be hard finding another gathering where I can drive a boxer GSA, Rover 420, Ford Cougar and be passenger in a Turbo MR2 within 2 hours. I shall start transferring all my photos and video to this thread soonish.