This is what 400k miles looks like, my taxi

Neil clark

Probably of no interest here.....

Clocked over to 400k this morning on my school run, purchased at 84k and only driven by me since.

10 local council plates which it's only failed once on minor paintwork! 

3rd clutch and original gearbox

Might be its last plate tho, council are saying we need new ones......

20190703_091004.jpg

Still looks pretty trim to me... 06 reg is no age!

You'd get a good price for it in Belfast, that'd be considered nearly new... the city centre still has FX4 Fairway hackneys running around on M and N plates, stacks of ragged TX1s on S and T plates, and if you go further afield there's some minicabs operating that must be pushing 30 now (early 90s Carinas). No rules on age here, seemingly...

I haven't seen the Proton Impian minicab for a while now, sadly.

Nice to see this one, and it just goes to show that you can do 400k on something French...

2 hours ago, 83C said:

Cracking machines. I find them strangely appealing.

^^^ What he said. I've driven a couple of these when I worked at my mates garage.  They are strangely appealing to drive too....

I take it by the '01332' area code on the advert you are Derby based? There a few Derby-based shiters around here. They'll certainly know who to call when they need the services of a taxi.

A lot of these got registered up in Scotland I've noticed. Was there an importer based up there? As some of the same type of Peugeot taxis here in Worcestershire are also Scottish-registered  

3 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

What he said. I've driven a couple of these when I worked at my mates garage.  They are strangely appealing to drive too....

I take it by the '01332' area code on the advert you are Derby based? There a few Derby-based shiters around here. They'll certainly know who to call when they need the services of a taxi.

Derby born and bred! 

My last TX was sold as a working taxi with 550k on it lol

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

This.  The old 2.0 HDi was far more robust than the crap they put in the new ones.  And those Sevel Nord vans are remarkably rust resistant for a commercial vehicle of the time.

Last time engine was out for something or other I got my mech to change every seal and gasket he could. Its 100% leak free and bone dry underneath. Between its 10k services it never needs topping up at all which for 400k is ace I think

9 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

A lot of these got registered up in Scotland I've noticed. Was there an importer based up there? As some of the same type of Peugeot taxis here in Worcestershire are also Scottish-registered  

If I can recall many Taxi conversions were undertaken by Allied Vehicles up in Scotland - they held stock of them for conversion and then were officially licensed  as Taxis by them on first registration.  The are also responsible for the  Berlingo /Partner wheelchair converted cars which are also quite popular mini cabs - the majority of which are also first registered North of the border. 

Between the Peugeot, citroen and fiat models of these, and the 806, synergy and ulysse versions of these I have owned 4 personally and driven many more as taxis. The highest mileage one was 550000 when I left the taxi firm which owned it. It was still on its original engine and gearbox, it was a 1999 806 2.0hdi. I thought they were a great drive too. Better than my current 06 plate caddy 1.9td? I would say yes, and more reliable too.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I really rate these, I'm on my second one now, first one I sold on 424000, my new* one's coming up to 200000.

Both have never failed to proceed, had a clutch centre explode once (at 360000) but still got home clutch less changing.

Wishbones seem a bit weak, I've gone through a few sets of them, I do go down some pretty rough roads though.

Door locks and handles are a bit week too. Very cheap and easy to replace though.

Never seen a rusty one.