Double trouble - Ford Galaxy / Mazda 323. It is done.

DoctorRetro

Yes, this result means the Mazda will still be available for the foreseeable future, for the same £300 it was purchased for, in spite of the work done on it. 

I'll continue improving it and sorting it but I'm doing this for the love, not the profit ? So it will remain available at the same price to AS members, should they wish to take over. 

Obviously if I get it to a point where it can be released to the general public, I'll advertise it at a profit (claw back of costs), but will keep it at 300 quid to you lot. 

Only expection will be if I have to pay out big for something, but that's not likely... 

On 1 July 2019 at 8:25 AM, TheDoctor said:

. But starts, drives and runs well - I'd depend on it to take me anywhere. 161,000 miles, but doesn't feel like it. Has the swivel front seats (very desirable apparently). 2.0 Petrol engine, manual box. Duratec DOHC engine.

How reliable would you say it is? 

may have to be pressed into service sooner rather than later doing about 60/80 miles a day !  Will it cope ??.

cheers Keith.

1 hour ago, keith777 said:

How reliable would you say it is? 

may have to be pressed into service sooner rather than later doing about 60/80 miles a day !  Will it cope ??.

cheers Keith.

Keith 

I’d be happy running it anywhere. I replaced the rear discs and pads and sent it for a full oil, plugs and filters service at 159,000 - has new HT leads as part of that too - and a new battery.

The only issue was the occasional failure of the interior fan causing misting up of windscreen. Not a summer issue and I sent it to the Doctor with a lifetime* supply of 20A fuses in the ashtray.

i took the wife and my 2 (under 4) kids from Leeds to Scotland and round the lakes in it without fear of FTP.

there are a few suspension knocks (check the suspension top mounts) but it’s generally a reliable and comfy old bus.

The heater doesn’t blow the fuse if you leave it on 1/2/3. If you go to 4 it seems to pop.

A Galaxy sage asvisednme this was due to bad MK1 fusebox Design and too many wires going I down there causing overheating issues in the fuse box rather than the circuit itself.

Also, I polished and waxed it so chuck it under a car wash and it doubles in value, etc.

if you do want to move it on, pm me as it’s a great rainy day/tip car, etc.

if you’re gonna do that - let me know as I’ll keep hold on my Sharan leather interior for it.

if keeping for a bit, between my sharan and timewaster we have bits and kit to get you a load cover fitted for nowt.