For the love of God! Someone please stop me buying shite!

Faker

2 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Cool. Had my eye on these for a while now. How much and what spec? A neighbour bought an '04 reg example 1.6 diesel. £20 or £30 a year tax and pennies to run on fuel. I think I need one of these.

I’ve also considered this option in replacement for my Carlton. I think they hold a fairly big price tag with the cheapness of running. Unless they’re borked 

Dude, is this a cry for help? Are we gonna have to stage the very first Norn Iron-based shite intervention soon...?

Sit ya down, tell you we love you and all, but this behaviour has to stop...

Though, having said that... £20 tax and  still with a bit of test...

Ah, crack on sure. What's the worst that can happen?

1476186262_JimllPaintIt-RedDisaster.thumb.jpg.12bd745aed849183c77fcbfbde10aac7.jpg

https://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/page/4

34 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Dude, is this a cry for help? Are we gonna have to stage the very first Norn Iron-based shite intervention soon...?

Sit ya down, tell you we love you and all, but this behaviour has to stop...

Though, having said that... £20 tax and  still with a bit of test...

Ah, crack on sure. What's the worst that can happen?

1476186262_JimllPaintIt-RedDisaster.thumb.jpg.12bd745aed849183c77fcbfbde10aac7.jpg

https://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/page/4

Tim I am at a crisis point... I've 10 cars at home right now... 11 when this turd gets lifted. That doesn't include the others that are scattered around the province in various barns and units...

My brother bought one of those new when he worked for Ford, when they used to do proper staff discounts, although his is a 1.25 petrol engined one (designed by yamaha, he reckons). Despite having a load of other things in the meantime he's always kept hold of it as it's got a towbar (along with a number of freebie 'extras' it gained from the dealer's back yard along the way - he never paid for a tyre the whole time he worked there apparently).  The only trouble it ever gave was with coil packs - he carries a spare with him as they can give up without notice.  

A colleague of mine had a similar one which she sold to a "we buy any car" place in Swansea for £175, as it had 175k on the clock. Nothing much wrong with it, but she got bored and bought a lightly used Corsa from a colleague instead, which almost immediately needed a ton of work. A bit of an atmosphere in the office that day... 

5 hours ago, Faker said:

Tim I am at a crisis point... I've 10 cars at home right now... 11 when this turd gets lifted. That doesn't include the others that are scattered around the province in various barns and units...

Fuck me, this is serious... do I need to send you a wee book to read?

625825103_YouCanSayNo-book.jpg.d445e51fd20a8eeeb2280f165b5b65c6.jpg

"Hey kids, wanna buy this car? It's pure shite, like. Look, the door check strap's fucked."

"NO!"

I had a lovely golden coloured one of these in that shape with the 1.3 chain engine (Same as Ka). IIRC had to remove the intake manifold to replace the idle control valve,  got really pissed off with it and swore it would be the last Ford I ever bought. 

Thinking back it wasn't that bad.

I think these take a fair amount of unfair shit tbh. Sure, they’re boring as fuck but they’re cheap and easy to keep going. My sister had a few of the older generation Fiesta’s and they were the same but rustier. So far she’s beaten the living shit out her 54 plate 1.25 and flogged the bollocks out of it up and down the motorway between here and Bristol (amongst other places) and the little thing just will not die. It’s not rusty either! Although there’s barely a straight panel left on it!

Ive had to fix the absolutely shit washer jets on the bonnet, they kept leaking in the rain and allowing the spark plug holes to fill up with rainwater, which was fixed with some careful bodgery and silicone sealer, and it’s had a pair of rear springs for the last but one MOT, but I don’t think any of that’s particularly bad. 

If I didn’t care what I was driving I’d happily get one of these.

Still unremarkable and invisible street furniture. But of the sort we'll all be misty eyed over in not many years time when we're wondering where they all went. Then we'll be jealous as hell of anyone who has one. So could be a cool move if you hang on to it...…..which of course you won't, being a shiter.

As for your plea from the heart, the 99% of us on here who are fellow sufferers know that it's incurable, sorry!

I feel your pain. I only have one piece of shite and its not even shite. Its boring and reliable... yet I want to get rid... an old fabia diesel estate. I have flirted with the idea of getting a car on finance but my cars are used as beaters and I don't think id be able to keep a car for the length of a finance term

I think this must be the only Mk6 fiesta left on the road that still has its b-pillar trims still attached!

I had a 1.4 pez one of these and found it to be a thoroughly good car. Mind you it only had 11k on it so still felt fresh.

Well bought 11.3/10