Stolen: Swift Esprit motorhome, Huddersfield

strangeangel

1 minute ago, DSdriver said:

That should have been a security feature. I understand that mostly left hookers are nicked and put on the first ferry. I hope he gets it back in good condition and that the insurance company don't give him too much grief.

Cheers, I do hope so. She's absolutely gutted.

This is why I make a point of keeping mine boxed in on the drive behind either the modern company car or at least the Xantia which has the old school (but actually quite effective it seems) keycode immobiliser.

I wind up having kittens whenever I have to leave it at the roadside - or especially if I have to leave it in some random town centre I don't know.  That's despite several additional security features I've added (but won't be going into details of obviously!).

At least it's big and unwieldy enough that they're not likely to Hi-Ab it out I'd think...though I suspect my paranoia is overstating the desirability to thieves of a rusty 29 year old Merc T1...

Feel absolutely terrible for the owners. Going off travelling with my wife when my daughters grow up is something we talk about on a daily basis and we plan on doing it in a camper similar to this (we had children quite young so never got to travel  before they arrived). With so much planning that must have been done and prep work buying bits and Bob's to go in the van to find out it's been stolen must have been devastating and would seriously have me questioning if I'd still want to do it having had such a bad taste left in the mouth by this. 

If I can offer any advice, dont let it deter them when they do finally sort the insurance claim out, I know my wife would say the same to me if it were to happen to us. 

It is our dream and nobody will take that away!! 

I have nightmares about my twin axle caravan getting nicked off my driveway. Already had traveller scum eying it up. Makes me sick to the stomach knowing people have the guts to steal stuff like this. They should have their hands cut off. Hope the police get their act together etc etc