K11 Micra

purplebargeken

Mrs PBK would like a Figaro or  a Cube. No issue with that as I don't mind them either.

However, that would entail her getting rid of her red Micra which is a 4 door R reg with about 60 or 70 odd thou on the clock, owned by us from new and probably worth the grand sum of not very much/£sub 400. I know of a couple of shitters who are interested should she ever change her mind about selling. 

However, she is very, very attached to 'Mikey the Micra'. So much so that she can't bear the thought of parting with it.

Just thinking out loud here now. The bonnet has faded badly due to a bodyshop not using a clear coat when it was painted, wankers.  There are a few small dings here and there. The steelies are a bit rusty and could do with a refurb. It starts and runs perfectly following new battery, plugs and alternator.  Inside is very, very tidy.  Even on the original exhaust system still

The pre-facelift Micras are getting a bit thin on the ground. Recon it is worth tarting up and keeping?

Shit/shite or emerging modern classic?

Tart up the steelies using a rattle can and sandpaper. 

If keeping it means it’s gonna keep living on the street in Edmonton, judging by the state of the i10’s bumpers I wouldn’t spend money on body work!

if you can garage it or whatever then sure, real clean and tidy ones must be pretty few and far between! 

Another vote for keeping it. They really are simple cars to work on and just keep on working with very little complaint. I've done various bits if works on Ma's and somewhat on Sister_Sterling's Micra too. Also, they just keep on working. Get a Cube or a Figaro by all means but keep the Micra as a back-up and maybe tidy it up in the meantime.

The Figaro is a K10 Micra underneath, so there's a teeny little bit of compatability. I'd say keep it. I have just bought a pre-facelift R reg Micra and it's safe to say that I've only seen one other that's like mine as of late. Yours is even better as it's a 4 door model! Keep it and tart it up.

Keep it, fix what needs fixing and run it. I had one of these for 3 years and despite being as boring as this era of poverty spec Japanese  hatches all seem to be (civics, starlets etc), served me very well on my fortnightly 200 mile round trip  when I was working away. Like a cockroach these: no one likes them and they don't die.

Keep it.

You know the car inside out as you've had it from new. Get rid of it & you'll regret it. They're worth in financial terms about the same as a packet of crisps so it's not like you'll make a fortune on it anyway.

K11's are great little cars. Honest unassuming little motors in a way that a Figaro or Cube will never be.

I reckon Mikey should stay with you ;)

K11  Micra's are epic little things, when we picked one up for my ex bird I was so surprised how nice it was to drive, little 1996 3 door 1.0 Auto, she then bought a Figaro, horrible thing in my opinion and paid £5k for the privilege. Its currently rotting away on her parents drive. 

38 minutes ago, EssDeeWon said:

She then bought a Figaro, horrible thing in my opinion and paid £5k for the privilege. Its currently rotting away on her parents drive. 

Not in Birmingham is it? There is a Figaro sitting on a very small driveway thats been there forever. Never washed. I keep meaning to grab a pic.  Missed the opportunity a few times when I passed by on the bus.

9 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Not in Birmingham is it? There is a Figaro sitting on a very small driveway thats been there forever. Never washed. I keep meaning to grab a pic.  Missed the opportunity a few times when I passed by on the bus.

No LS this is in deepest Essex.