BMC & Leyland Show @ BMM Gaydon - 7 July 2019

SiC

• 2 weeks later...

Goodwood FOS (not my scene personally) the Austin Counties CC national, the Marina OC national, the Rootes archive trust, and the VBOA show at Sywell, plus probably loads of small local shows, all on the same weekend.

That's why numbers were down!

2 hours ago, SiC said:

.....Wasn't very busy show though .......
So many rovers though.

I thought the turnout was bigger than the previous two occasions I've been there. Right about the Rovers though....sorry - I only brought one of them.

Didn't realise that there were so many TR8s (or TR7s with transplanted V8's in them).

1 hour ago, Garythesnail said:

I thought the turnout was bigger than the previous two occasions I've been there. Right about the Rovers though....sorry - I only brought one of them.

Didn't realise that there were so many TR8s (or TR7s with transplanted V8's in them).

There was so many of them, it must have been the majority of the remaining roadworthy TR7s!

The Rover200/400 turnout was very good - the OC even managed to get production car number 1 and the sectioned R8 into the Museum next to the cafe.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day - nice long stroll round the main museum, a peek at the Jag collection, and then went to saunter round where the best stuff is hidden and poorly advertised, upstairs above the workshop - loads of wacky prototypes to be found (Metro saloon or SD2 anyone ?) and many first/last off the line Austin/Rover cars (last Rover 100, reg R100 END signed by about 1000 Rover workers). 

The OC also arranged the cars oldest first over four rows, so G  reg R8s on the hill right down to the newest car, a 54 Streetwise on the car park. Sadly no K reg cars - hopefully my 214 can plug that gap next year. My 420 SLi was the only one there, hardly surprising as there's only about 12 left on the road right now - lot of people snapping it, but it won no prizes. The guy on Pistonheads that unearthed the 12K mileage 214SEi rightfully won the best R8 200 prize.

6 hours ago, SiC said:

Not a lot I guess!
28d1bd4834ea903fd6667a8569e36d15.jpg

Rodney was staring at the BGTs arse.
43b139028365b77bd0c2466e5c2db970.jpg

I liked your tax disc.
4deb85b61463c2f39e8c3b4eeb4e54cd.jpg

well the day wasn't entirely without incident, some how on the way down to Gaydon i managed to break the n/s window winder. i bashed it with me knee, and the handle bit on the end of the winder went off like a bullet around the inside of the car! with such force that we think it must have bounced out of one of the quarter windows which we opened up cos it was a warm day..

the chances of been able to do anything like that again are all but zero, it managed to put me in a filthy mood for the rest of the day. so no pictures were taken, co i was in a terrible funk....

oh and with it been warm in the afternoon i seemed to spend most of the journey home watching the temperature gauge like a hawk. but otherwise we had no real problem either driving there or coming home. 

and where was the last mini built? i saw the first mini, the monte ones amongst others, but no sign of the last one made.......

• 6 months later...