Dream car driven

bigstraight6

I got to drive one of my dream cars yesterday evening courtesy of a good friend of mine who asked me to help him do a prom job and drive one of his cherished 50’s Yanks, I drove the 350 powered manual floor change ‘57 Chevy and it was absolutely awesome, a delight to drive with very light controls and steering compared to my Younger British classics. I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed driving anything so much...

AC0A0CAB-5C01-49A2-B09A-56AD9AAFB358.jpeg

What a dream gig! My dad occasionally drives one of 3 minis or a thames dormobile for his friend who does weddings. I offered to help but it seems they don't need me ? that chevy is one of the first cars i had a model of. Stunning!

13 hours ago, Matty said:

What a dream gig! My dad occasionally drives one of 3 minis or a thames dormobile for his friend who does weddings. I offered to help but it seems they don't need me ? that chevy is one of the first cars i had a model of. Stunning!

Would they be the Italian job minis based in Staffordshire? 

On 6/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, Amishtat said:

Never driven a fifties Yank but I've definitely got a sneaky regard for them, mostly based on the styling . Sort of afraid to in case it's another illusion shattered 

I’m still on a high after driving the ‘57 Chevy, it was so nice to drive and didn’t feel like a 62 year old car! I took the Zodiac out for a trundle today and it feels like an old tractor in comparison. 39 years go I built a model kit of a ‘57 Chevy (a Monogram kit if I remember rightly) having no idea that all these years later I’d actually drive one. I just wish I could own one myself....

I've been lucky enough to do most of the build of and obviously a fair bit of driving of my dream car, also a Chevy, it's actually a pickup and I've remained friends with the owner. It was upgraded to a 350 V8, Corvette gear box and back axle (seriously lowered compared to standard), Mustang 2 front suspension and brakes ("clip") the most expensive thing I've ever driven, not the fastest, not the best handling, not the most powerful, certainly not the most comfortable, but honestly just lovely, best vehicle I could ever have, I've got first refusal of he ever sells it, just hope I'll be able to find the funds if it ever did come up.

IMG-20170512-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170512-WA0008.jpg