Old slides of cars & Europe - more added

carlo

As promised, here are some more, mainly of some of the cars that had passed through his hands.  Look like in the picture near the end I had just got a ticking off for having dirty hands, couldn't have that in a Lancia Flavia.   That's also me in the first picture with the colourful T-shirt and trousers.  If I could work out how the hell you can add content in between the pictures I would add some background info but it's proving beyond me

zFIMG_0040.jpg

zfiats.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Image14.jpg

Image13.jpg

Image12.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image1.jpg

dad mga.jpg

astonhouse.jpg

zFIMG_0058.jpg

zFIMG_0064.jpg

zfrance4.jpg

zIMG_0165.jpg

Wonderful! Various machinery with my favourite “home” pic being the 2 Alfas sat on the drive.

(PIC 13) ’64 world champion John Surtees stands pensively by a red single seater/ lotus transporter. 

Fabulous. Completely fabulous. Love the pictures of the formula one cars (assuming F1 anyway) where you can just walk up to them and take pictures of all their oily bits. Even if you could get in the pits of a modern F1 race everything is hidden in case you give away your secrets to the opposition. Here you can see everything. Brilliant. 

And the general street scenes are great. At the time they may have been a bit dull, some seem to have no obvious subject matter, just some buildings and traffic. If you took them now you would wonder why (as Mrs Yoss often does when I whip the phone out and she wonders what the hell I've seen now) but now they really show a different world. 

Thanks for sharing. Thread of the week. 

20 hours ago, carlo said:

As promised, here are some more, mainly of some of the cars that had passed through his hands.  .....That's also me in the first picture with the colourful T-shirt and trousers. ....

zFIMG_0040.jpg

I wonder what those sink plughole emblems are on the CX's bootlid....?

7 hours ago, carlo said:

My apologies, I have been strongly advised to remove some of the more historically significant pictures, which seems a shame.  I'll try to get some more back up soon.

Fair enough; Shame as it was great trying to spot racing drivers/ engineers/ mechanics/ etc. I was hoping for a previously unseen Eugenio Dragoni looking bitterly at surtees shot. Presumably it’s about copyright.