Vectra estate 1.8 pezz

drivewaymyway

Hiya all...  My brother has bought a new Vectra, his old Vectra is sitting on his drive, it's a 1.8 Petrol, it is 1999, and 170k ....  usual rust bubbles, it has been serviced but he's not great at cleaning so it probably stinks, no MOT and it stalls at when you stop at traffic lights and junctions. He has spend loads on it over the years trying to get it fixed but the mechanic that my brother uses recons the fuel pump is the problem although I can't see it because it as had this characteristic for the 10 or so years he has had it and it always starts no problem.. like I say it's had loads of new bits but still stalls, other than the rusty bits it all seems to be there.  That is all I know about it. He wants £110 for it because that's scrap value. If you want a cheapie project come to Reading and drag drive it away..

Throw an Opcom/Vauxcom/Scan tool at it and check if the vehicle speed sensor is working correctly. They tend to die at junctions if the ecu isn't getting the speed signal (could also be wiring between the speed sensor and the immo pickup or the immo pickup and the ecu)

Bargain, and 100% IACV problem. New ones used to be about £35, iirc, and most can be cleaned with some good quality choke and carb cleaner.

Yeah, it would be nice to have had some kind of update from drivewaymyway during this whole thing.

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth because it is a cheap motor but if there's no response i'll have to cancel and i'll put my funds towards buying an A-frame.

Edit2: Budget gone.

Good luck with the sale (to someone else, no hard feelings)

• 5 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:37 PM, Wingz123 said:

Earth to drivewaymyway....calling drivewaymyway are you there....??

Sorry, I was told the deal was being done person to person.. I didn't get any notifications that someone was trying to contact me.. The deal was with my Bro, not me..

On 6/19/2019 at 11:33 AM, Cavcraft said:

Bargain, and 100% IACV problem. New ones used to be about £35, iirc, and most can be cleaned with some good quality choke and carb cleaner.

Go on Billy you know you want to......