Numbers car collect ion thread.

Lacquer Peel

It wasn't that far away so it's a rubbish collection thread.

First impressions: the clutch doesn't have much bite, I forgot about the angle of 90s PSA accelerator pedals giving me ankle ache, the turbo sometimes sounds like a vacuum cleaner, it is quite scruffy.

First corner: ah, that's why I bought it.

70c161c023588f0cb550a247cb9a3c34.jpg

Peugeot 306?

Correct.
I dispute the last part of that statement …  90s VAG diesels are about as efficient as modern ones (of similar capacity) with added clag and veg.

Good luck etc … If you're  switching from VAG to XUD I think you've made the wrong choice

I agree in part about VAG diesels but driven like a saint my Passat does 59MPG (brim to brim), the MFA is very optimistic, and I've seen 56MPG (again brim to brim) in a 405.

The Passat is really dull to drive and this 306 is a hoot for what it is.

I probably haven't chosen the best example to get back into PSA stuff though, wouldn't say I've been entirely rational.

4a8c8fcfcb120a14d6504a153caa7846.jpg

d5bdefc2d461c1512c355d5f2c3a61bc.jpg

These are a good car IMHO, I learned to drive in a 'Meridian' trim one of these with what I think was a 1400cc engine and it was a nice thing to drive about. They've aged incredibly well style wise. 

Don't see many about any more so they stand out too. top marks

Every now and then you need to look at a 306 to remind you how shit most other hatchbacks of the 90s and 2000s were.

Peugeot designers need a picture of this next to a 307 and 308 on their desk to show them what must not happen again.

Every now and then you need to look at a 306 to remind you how shit most other hatchbacks of the 90s and 2000s were.

Peugeot designers need a picture of this next to a 307 and 308 on their desk to show them what must not happen again.

Not a 306 but you get the idea. The 308 looks grotesque in comparison.

Peugeots are starting to look alright again, the new 508 is bonny.

06dcc3015e43c3f645e2e452271176dc.jpg

YES! 

Top choice. Is it Lucas pumped at present then? Saw your post looking for Bosch pump bits. 

Aye it is. If I'm cautious the Lucas pump will be okay on veg for now.
I actually like the 306 in this meridian type form, does it have those nice half leather seats that came in so many of these?

It does have half leather seats but the driver's side one is not that nice any more.

It's a 'D Turbo S' whatever that is and is quite posh - A/C and automatic wipers which I didn't realise were a thing in 1998.

That looks rather sporting! 
I'll need to look out for that Baxter Johnston pez station. I think there is also a 'Thames' one somewhere too.
It's in Plean, between Larbert and Stirling. A truly grim place. I could use some advice on polishing and recovering tired paint from yourself.
try a mk2 golf gtd to see what PROPA DIZZLERS are like M97
I wouldn't mind one of them either, and was eyeing the Scirocco GTD conversion for sale here but I don't have £1500 to spare.