Skizzer goes all yuppie on us: E30 320i

Skizzer

As per the News 24 thread, I have bought another faded glory.

This time it’s an early E30 320i in Bahama beige with matching brown nylon upholstery. It’s one of my favourite 80s BMW colours, which means it’s desperately uncool to everyone else (except possibly on here of course).

Collection is this evening: I’ve just got back from the bank.

Updates to follow .

Very jealous; I had a ‘1983 on an A’ 320 in doom blue when I was 18. I paid £100 for it which included a rather splendid amplifier that the owner, some weeks later, insisted was never part of the deal. I bought the car as seen. I reluctantly returned it to him some weeks later once I’d blown the absolute shit out of it. 

It lived on a friend’s driveway for a few months until life got in the way and I scrapped it. It was the very first ‘side bitch’ I ever had which started a lifetime of motoring adultery. Next relic was my Ford Capri. 

A90 RFL was the BMW’s reg.

Enjoy, Skiz. Hope it works out perfectly for you mate x 

Haaaaaaaaaaaa ley looooya. 

Haaaaaaaaaaaa ley looooya. Haaaaaaaaaaaa ley looooya. 

Haaaaaaaalayyyyy lahoooooool aaaya. 

That's bourne from god's own arsehole surely. 

I'd poke that right up to the knuckle and wipe my hands on its mams good curtains. 

Well played!

6 hours ago, Skizzer said:

The day has started badly enough with the Jag spaffing coolant everywhere on the way back from the bank.

7BCF4E3A-7DAD-4C22-8229-CB0448E7D904.thumb.jpeg.af906eeb6c87ee7103fd8257224756b4.jpeg

7F735973-588C-46EF-B27B-C05455B2E079.thumb.jpeg.9d065b85deca60c83e6183fb953d1bd8.jpeg

Natwest has closed its branch in Mumbles, sadly, so I had to go into Swansea.  I think the poor XJ-S may be allergic to Swansea.

Yes been closed a while now sadly. RBS has even closed in town but you can use NatWest, sad times.

Hi from a fellow Swansea (west) person!!!

Let's all raise a collective glass to the most style conscious buyer ever who specified, quite clearly, his intention to own a 2 door saloon in Brown over Brown.

It is eminently stylish and I would absolutely smoke that to all customer facing meetings.  Once met, never forgotten!

PS - is that your 15th car on the fleet?

That is just awesome! I love these.

I used to work on an A reg 4 door in a light blue colour, it’d done an astronomical amount of mileage but it still ran and drove perfectly. The only way you could tell was the drivers seat being so worn and it’d partially collapsed in the seat base! They’re brilliant cars though imho.

Cracking purchase. Although it is cool to slag off BMWs on here, there is no point denying they did some brilliant looking cars, the E30 being one of them.

That interior is great too. It is another contender for interior colours which need to see more often.

I am looking forward to seeing more of it on here in the future; well bought. 

Now that looks like a winner.

Single exhaust pipe too - does it have metal door handles?

Super early ones ( I think they brought them in on a Y..) had metal door handles, no central locking and manual windows as standard.

Shortly thereafter, plastic handles cam win, and anything with a proper cylinder count had electric windows and central locking.

It looks an honest Old tub

Well bought 

:)