Retro Cars - new/re-jigged magazine of interest!

fatharris

I've received the letter confirming the direct debit. I have also received a "You were out" card from Royal Mail too. Hopefully the magazine didn't arrive because it has the socket set with it and subsequent issues I won't have to collect from the local depot!

Thanks chaps - I'm one of the editorial team and we're excited that a mag like this is taking off to the extent that it is. 

For more Autoshite action, NorfolkNWeigh's old Audi can be seen in Classic Car Buyer as part of a cheap modern classic challenge. It's at Bromley tomorrow.

We're after votes for which of the three is most popular. Can the whole of Autoshite please vote for the true Autoshite hero? I want to show the GTI and Alfa boys who's boss! 

https://classicsworld.co.uk/news/cheap-car-challenge-poll/

Got mine this am from WHS in Yeovil. They still have 3x copies left so not sure if they've sold any. Felt sorry for the assistant in there as they did not have any air-con.  I was only in there 2 minutes and was sweating like a pig. Must be hell to be in there all day.

31 minutes ago, burraston2006 said:

Got mine this am from WHS in Yeovil. They still have 3x copies left so not sure if they've sold any. Felt sorry for the assistant in there as they did not have any air-con.  I was only in there 2 minutes and was sweating like a pig. Must be hell to be in there all day.

Yeovil is mild compared to London. Currently about 32 deg.C here. Am hiding from the sun, armed only with iced water and a tub of mint choc chip ice cream.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, Datsuncog said:

I remember buying Issue 1 of Retro magazine in about 1996 - which initially seemed to be focused on wobbly old nails and other automotive oddities, but within a few issues started to feature more Italian exotica and sports stuff, so I stopped buying it... am I right in thinking it then morphed into Retro Cars?

Either way, Issue 1 came with a large free sticker which I stuck on the spine of my lever arch file at school, earning me the nickname 'Retro Tim', by which some people still refer to me... 

Found the folder in question, with the sticker still in situ...

20190629_212909.thumb.jpg.3e749e3aa060d4c91c3e1c1968f72a31.jpg

Purple and yellow? How very nineties.

I seem to recall picking up the first issue at a campsite shop near Sheringham in Norfolk, but my memory could be completely wrong...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, thatsmacar said:

Loved the mag.  I've gone through it a few times.  Of special interest was the Rover stories.

The socket set is nothing special, but if you want to entice subbies.....  :)

That socket set really isn't! I bought it with me to disconnect the Laguna negative terminal. 10mm socket doesn't click on and ended up falling off to be forever lost in the undertray. Oh well. 

Magazine is alright though. 

• 3 weeks later...