MK1 BX16 TRS 'SE' - Make it or break it, a tale of neglect and fondling

Tomtation

11 hours ago, DSdriver said:

It also was only really beneficial to the front seat passengers, whilst we were comfortable driving along the Moyen Corniche, those is the middle row of seats kept opening the windows  which of course only let more warm air into the car.

That is because the CX ventilation system flows about as much air as an asthmatic field mouse.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:45 PM, Tomtation said:

Driver rang, he had an accident on the M25 last night and will be going back over on Tuesday to collect. As a customer hope this isn't BS (not entirely sure...), but as a person hope all is well and no one got hurt.

Sounds like driver ran out of time and over committed and took on too much - saw this again and again from the amateurs...

Lack of communication - the worst thing.....only Shiply! I say no more...

Hope you get the car without further issues

On 6/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, richardmorris said:

From what I’ve heard from people the bx ac system, like the cx one,  Is completely rubbish. I hope you can get it to work without leaks.

That's not my experience, and I've actually heard the opposite that it's a well-designed system! I'm no expert so can't comment on the design aspects, but certainly on the basis of my sample of one it's comparable to a modern system. At least when it comes to temperature; current systems seem to impart less load on the engine whereas on the BX you can really feel it kick in.

I'm reasonably familiar with the mk2 system but never worked on a mk1. I've seen a stripped out one though about 15 years ago, when I was trying to buy it to retro-fit. Sold on eBay for more than a complete car cost, so I took the latter option! An MOT'd BX for £100, those were the days! 

Thanks James - I hope so too! He insisted I paid last Friday before colelction, feeling like I should have been firmer now and waited until at least after it was collected, if not delivered. Communication is tricky, not only because I think the chap is of Indian descent with a jordie accent thrown in and speaks quite fast = difficult for a southener like me to understand! But also because replies are often not given... Finger crossed for this weekend.

Mat, I think the system is fundamentally similar for the MK1 and MK2, apart from the dashboard parts, controls and evaporator. EVen if the a/c isn't great - the extra fan blower will at least push the air around a bit more!

I really hope car is delivered because I hear of all sorts of scams. I really hope driver comes through.

Also not known by punters but the driver is only working for what you pay him outside of what you pay as a "deposit" to Shipley. The deposit you pay is in fact Shipleys fee and none of that goes to the driver (although they dont tell you this) nor do they  allow the transport providers to tell you this in a message as their policies are written so that if you attempt to explain this the transport provider is given a strike. 

Shiply - owned by Ebay - easy to see the similarities

Rescheduled, again! For a week tomorrow. His last chance... 

Useful to know, ta James. I've had issues with shiply before, they flat out refused to refund the deposit, offered it as credit to my account - which I didn't want. Back then they had no office, no telephone number, no staff - just an email address that sometimes got checked. We'll see what happens this time! Hopefully it'll happen next weekend and all will be well, but the cynicist in me can't quite believe that.

No reply, no communciation, no nothing, Seller was waiting around yesterday for hours, for the second time. What a waste of time and money this has all been.

It's name and shame time, Vehicle-logistics247 oin shiply and perhaps other platforms too - TO BE AVOIDED.

Three times the collection date has changed, with no communication to say that what was agreed wasn;t happening, one time he was in Ireland doing another job! Not even an apology. If I don;t get a refund quite quickly, i'll take him to court for the lot, and costs. This is the 3rd time i've used shiply, and the 2nd time i've been messed about.

All their FAQ's say they are just a platfrom and that any issues are between the customer and courier. I have opened a customer support ticklet thingy and will try calling him on my other halves phone later this morning, see if that works!

I'll also relist the collection, and will not pay until I have the car this time. The seller must be as pissed off as I am.

Shipley gives recovery guys a bad name. I stay away from it. I maybe a little more price wise but with me you'll get regular updates, pictures, phone calls the lot. 

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience.

To save some cost can you hire a trailer? My Audi A6 is here with a towbar... (racking my brain to think of ways to help...)

Thanks for your support guys, still no response. He may have blocked my number...

Before I investigate any other way of getting the car transported, I need to get my money back off this guy - I can't afford to pay twice as its a reasonable sum of money - almost a grand.

Thanks for the offer James, a very good friend of mine has a licence to tow trailers, so if an A6 has the towing capacity and I can hire a trailer I might well be in contact with you about that.

30 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

What a twat, hope someone joins Shipley and pisses him about in return.

Hopefully anyone else getting a Shiply quote from Vehicle-logistics247 will check him out on Google, find this thread and discover that he's a time waster who doesn't do the job he's been paid for.

What a shame he let you down, especially without any calls. I really hope you manage to get a refund.

I have used Shiply 3 times now without any problems. Always had fair friendly drivers who turn up on time and handle the transportation with care.

2 of the 3 times I had a polish guy with a beavertail and both gave me their own cards and suggested I contact them directly if I want anything else moving as the rate would be lower going direct.

I have the details of one of them if you would like them?

Good luck

Ben

What a carve up. This guy got my Mk1 BX from near Lyon. He's trustworthy, friendly and reasonably priced. I actually paid him for the car and he gave the seller the cash directly, so definitely not a chancer. If you speak to him, mention me (Scott) and the gold BX.

Richard Percival - 07971 480705 or countyrecovery@lubester.co.uk