RADWood is coming to the UK! (Goodwood House, August 11th)

Matt

I have been hoping for a RADwood event in the UK for a while after watching and reading about their events in the US. After emailing the organisers to express an interest in such an event a little while ago they confirmed to me before officially announcing it that a UK event was in the works! For those that haven't heard of RADWood yet Mercedes Market article "RADWood and Why It Matters" explains it well, here's a truncated overview:

RADwood is a new car show phenomenon that began in June 2017 with the first RADwood Car show in the San Francisco Bay area. RADwood celebrates the cars and culture of the 1980s and 90s and it’s making an impact on the enthusiast car community [...] Organized by a handful of guys who wanted to do something different, they wanted a car show, no, more than that, they wanted to create an event celebrating the cars, clothes and pop culture of the 1980s and 90s. [...] RADwood events encourage people to not only bring a car from 1980 – 1999, that’s all that’s allowed, but to dress up in period clothing. Whether that’s dressing up as Magnum P.I. or Sonny Crockett from Miami Vice or just wearing random 80s and 90s clothing, it creates a fun, casual environment.

The cars at the US events have ranged from anything from and between Ferrari's, period modified Mercedes, Volvos, weird Japanese imports to mint condition examples of yesteryears mundane cars. Period clothing and celebrations of pop culture aside these events look like they would be right up Autoshite's alley. I haven't been to the Festival of The Unexceptional but I expect that it will be similar but with a wider range of cars on display. I strongly suggest you have a look at photos and videos of previous US events to get an idea of what it's about.

It will be held at Goodwood House on August 11th.

Have you heard of the US events? Would you like to go to the UK event?