Chodmodestly 2019!!! September 1st Chumley Castle, Cheshire

brownnova

18 minutes ago, brownnova said:

One ticket per vehicle, so you bringing two vehicles? Secondary order going in this week, PM me and I’ll send you the details. 

Oh no, just the one vehicle, how many ppls does it cover then? Other Virgin's may also be interested (or possibly just missed it if I have) so I asked here. I'll PM you now

Yay! I'm in, thank you BrownNova.

I'd really like to do the usual car camping at The Shady Oak (CW6 9UE) on the Saturday night, preceded by a pub dinner and a couple pints there... There have been some mentions of it, but I've seen no list. 

[Edit:] I've just spoken to the pub, no tents this year (waterlogging and other reasons) so hard standing only. If you call your car a "camper" then that's ok. The £25 includes electric and access to new loos and showers. (Bring electric blanket and extension FTW!) 12 plots available.
I'll phone up again mid week and book some slots in the field if anyone else fancies it. 

Names below please:

Shady Oak Campers:

1. KruJoe

5 hours ago, Iamgroot said:

Oh no, just the one vehicle, how many ppls does it cover then? Other Virgin's may also be interested (or possibly just missed it if I have) so I asked here. I'll PM you now

IIRC each ticket includes a car full, I’ll check the T&Cs and let you know if any different. 

11 hours ago, KruJoe said:

I'd really like to do the usual car camping at The Shady Oak (CW6 9UE) on the Saturday night, preceded by a pub dinner and a couple pints there... 

We're probably going to be in Manchester on the Saturday, so this could work out well. Not sure I can persuade her to come to the show, but surely an overnight stop at a pub isn't a bad idea? Oh, fancy seeing you guys here! ;-)

This is just over a week away now, almost time to decide what car to bring.
My currently working and legal motors are the "cheap jeep" 4l Cherokee and Merc C32.
The Mercedes should* be slightly more economical, plus I've not managed a longish trip in it yet, so that might the vehicle of choice.

Unless I get he Umm fixed next week (there's virtually no chance of that happening) … although I will nudge my tame mechanic about it tomorrow. 

Hokily dokily, the first batch of tickets are on their way to their lucky* recipients. I’ve ordered the top up batch from Classic Shows and have the envelopes ready to stuff for when they arrive hopefully on Saturday. Keep an eye on your doormats/postbox/butler’s post tray! 

Thanks to everybody for paying so promptly! 

1 hour ago, skattrd said:

This is just over a week away now, almost time to decide what car to bring.
My currently working and legal motors are the "cheap jeep" 4l Cherokee and Merc C32.
The Mercedes should* be slightly more economical, plus I've not managed a longish trip in it yet, so that might the vehicle of choice.

Unless I get he Umm fixed next week (there's virtually no chance of that happening) … although I will nudge my tame mechanic about it tomorrow. 

The way my fleet is at the moment it’ll be whatever’s working.... 

1 hour ago, clayts450 said:

I think it'll have to be names in a hat for me, on the day, and be done with it.

Just hope the 214 doesn't 'win'...

You could always leave that one out. ?

I've got a similar problem. When I initially said yes I only had the Rover that I could take but now I've got the 205, Fiesta and tomorrow's new arrival to choose from.

Probably either XJ-S or E30 for me, most likely. Accord or FE Victor are also possibilities.

It’s 3.5 hours from me, but on some nice roads.

What time are we supposed to get there? The website says the exhibitor tickets are valid until 11, but I assume a bit earlier than that to get parked up.

Is 10am acceptable to rock up?

50 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

Probably either XJ-S or E30 for me, most likely. Accord or FE Victor are also possibilities.

It’s 3.5 hours from me, but on some nice roads.

What time are we supposed to get there? The website says the exhibitor tickets are valid until 11, but I assume a bit earlier than that to get parked up.

Is 10am acceptable to rock up?

I think entry is from 9, show opens at 10. Every year I endeavour to get there super early. Every year I fail... 

All 42 tickets have now been dispatched! With the remaining few popped in the post today (although I didn’t get them till after my local box was collected, so they won’t now go til Tuesday annoyingly). One was even delivered personally in what has now become a Chumley tradition for me. 

Look out for them in the post people... you can’t miss them.