Sao Penza

nigel bickle

Superb to see it's living again, I saw Jude's  initial post on one of the FB groups and along with many others tried to persuade him to buy it on the spot. Great to see it in the AS fold, well done to all concerned for saving a car that would undoubtedly have been plucked off the property and cubed otherwise.

When I sold car parts, we had a trade customer whose mother in law had a Sao Penza and he reconed we were we the only factors with any idea of what it was.

Apparently none of the others could look up Mazda parts.

That was 15 years ago. Good luck getting anything now!

Same with Ford engined LDV Convoys, no one seemed capable of looking up Transit parts. Computer says no!

incredible that such a beast has not only survived.... but is a low mile minter!

Odds would have been that IF one had survived, it would probably be on 185k, lying in a field and with a tree growing through the roof.... and we'd then have the dilemma of how the hell we could possibly let something possibly unique die, even though it was buggered.

But no, its a beauty! Incredible work

This is utterly utterly fantastic!! An actual Sao Penza!!!

I was so excited that I went to find my missus on her lunch break to tell her that there was an actual surviving Penza and it was alive and well... she might not have looked as excited as me, but deep down I reckon she was excited! 

Nigel thank you for doing this thread! 

And if you ever come to sell (not that you probably will)... I’m registering my interest!