Peugeot 205 shiter loan

The Moog

Later this week the little puglet will be coming back to Accrington.

I need to MOT it but otherwise it will be here collecting dust. I don't want to sell it as I am hoping that in a few months or so I can make it my daily driver.

So rather than it sitting here reminding Missus Puss about its presence - does anyone want to borrow a 1.8d 205 for a few months?

Hoping to MOT it and lend in next few weeks. Missus Puss is going to get a new car so once she works out what she ends up with that will make the decision on whether the 205 stays long term.

I wouldn't really want it run on veg - I think Bucketeer is getting 56 mpg out of it so that should be good enough fuel economy wise. Part of issues when I got it I think were due to veg and don't want to ruin the pump on it.

I can't remember what state the brakes are in on this but I may have a full front set of discs and pads with less than 100 miles on them available for cheapness if you or the loaner need!
I have got a set of shiny new discs and pads ready to go on - was only £20 for both so rude not to.

Thanks for the offer though

I'd love to try a diesel 205, only ever had a 1.1 petrol. 
Sadly too many miles away and I think I may already be taking the pee with parking outside my flats!
Depends on how I feel when I get it back and drive it, I might do a swap for a galaxy ...

5 minutes ago, snagglepuss said:
6 hours ago, TheDoctor said:
I'd love to try a diesel 205, only ever had a 1.1 petrol. 
Sadly too many miles away and I think I may already be taking the pee with parking outside my flats!

Depends on how I feel when I get it back and drive it, I might do a swap for a galaxy ...

My other half and son would kill me if I did that! 

The Galaxy is like a family member now. :D

Due to the special and unique nature of Britain's motorways, I can now confirm that this thing is perfectly happy sitting in standstill/crawling traffic for four hours.

Apart from some minor French electrical eccentricities, I can't see anything short of a nuclear zombie apocalypse stopping it running until all the world's diesel supplies run out. Even then it'll plod on drinking veg oil. Hell, it feels like it would probably run fine on Vimto.

IMG_20190613_180218103.thumb.jpg.6e31b54d5bb17979ee1c5c9bde2680d6.jpg

After I failed to win the Almera for my trusted colleague in the recent roffle, I've waved this under her nose.

Given it's age , I suspect I already know the answer.

Mind you, they've got an on loan Proton Wira at present, so maybe...

Fookin good car that.  Believe it's been sold on but is still running round the island

Yes, daughter sold it on to buy a Mk3 Mondeo TDCi which in turn made way for a 2015 Aygo.
205 is currently in Lerwick, owned by an old Shetland wife, I still see it around occasionally. I’m of half a mind to buy it back. I think it deserves to stay in the AS fold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk