Any Automatic shite for sale in scotland???

CortinaDave

Okay, so it needs an MOT (doesn't need much apparently :) ) - but what a great old bus for £350!Automatic Turbo Diesel 505 FamilyLowish miles for one of those. If t'were nearer me I'd be in like Flint (depending on exactly what's required for a test of course!)EDIT: - oops! Just re-read your post. Needs to have T&T.I'll get me coat. :oops:

Watching the accord... :D Beemer has no MoT sadly or id be after that too...Found an 85 nissan cherry automatic which would have been sheer class, but it is 300 miles away.Yeah 505 is no good because i literally need it for maybe a month until my arm sorts itself out, so even if its something with a few weeks T&T it will do.Accord looks likely but its probably not quite shite enough :lol: I relished the opportunity to buy something that the neighbours would be upset by

Looks like a bargain there Dave!Might not offend your neighbours but that generation of Accord is TOP NOTCH.I like the sellers' description - NO HANDBOOK PACK and then FULL HANDBOOK PACK three lines down. Take a leaf out of Bucks Fizz's book and make your mind up man!

That's a very nice Accord.I'd be tempted to tidy the iffy bits, sort the electrics and keep it.They're fantastic cars, if a little dull to drive.Reliable as hell, though, and you can't beat a Honda slush-box.

Yep, that generation of Accord is unbreakable. My parents had one for years and nothing ever broke. I think the most it ever needed was a track rod end. Judging by the boggo-spec and 2.0 (no 'i') badge on the back it's the carbureted engine, I didn't think they came with slushboxes. Won't be very quick . :D

God i love this site.. where else would I get such appreciation for buying a G plate Honda?? :D Hopefully picking it up tomorrow,I'll run about in it until my arm is back up to standard and sell it on again. So if anyone's keen it will likely be up for grabs in a month or so.For £226 I reckon i cant go far wrong with 11 months MoT and 5 months tax. never had a Honda so it will be a unique experience. I'll report back and let you know what its like when i get it!

That particular generation of Accord was credited as the best one yet up until the latest version...the Rov 600-shared job was smaller and less substantial. I really liked my last-generation one though, did 60k miles in it over 3 years with no worries whatsoever, and the slushbox behaved impeccably. Only problem was it was heavy on fuel, but so are the manuals.

Picked it up this aft.. it is pretty decent! drove the 150 miles home smoothly. no squeaks or rattles and the autobox is spot on.Quite impressed with it actually! speedo fault is annoying, other than that there's not much to fault! Its last keeper is listedat a bristol address, so god knows how it ended up traded in in carlisle.Pretty clean inside and out, theres a good few years left in it i would say.Quick query about the radio though.. Its go the standard type plugs in it, so i assumed that i could plug my kenwood cd player straight in.. The plugs fit and the cd player whirrs when you plug it in but doesnt actually switch on. I take it theres a wire i need to swap round. any ideas?

Hmmm. ICE not my strong point. P'raps you need one of those adaptors that Halfords sells - I needed one for my Cavalier, 'cos although the plug was an ISO-DIN job, you need to swap two wires around to keep the memory settings on a non-Vauxhall unit.

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't know. My arm has more or less recovered now so I'd have been looking to sell fairly soon-ish anyway. Noticed the puddle of oil under it one morning as i was leaving to take it to work, got to work, bloke in the office asked if i was finished with it yet, and when i said "nearly" he offered to buy it that night.I warned him about the oil but he doesnt care, so off it went before I had a chance to lift the bonnet to investigate.He loves it and is happily plodding around in it, keeping it fed with £3 a gallon ASDA mega-shite oil :lol:

• 5 months later...