The "WTF is that?" thread

bunglebus

11 hours ago, martc said:

Thanks, what a lovely looking thing. Plenty of Italians in Glasgow, could be a yearning for home?

I was thinking Ice Cream Wars era - that's be some big McMafia boss collecting his racket money from the Bingo?
(Mind you - to me at least - the picture just screams post-war Glesgae)

8 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Attractive, was she? 🤣

Indeed, I carry her handsome genes all over my face. Kind of a Scottish Richard Burton don't you know.
(Wife says more like feckin Quasimodo)

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Yeah Hunter/Vouge etc unless I'm very mistaken?

DVLA says Singer for JBT 833E

Something very odd going on with this one. Last v5 issued in 1970 apparently (unlikely) and last taxed in 1990. Looks like it was partly cancelled on dvla's system or something. Help us out @LightBulbFun

17 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Something very odd going on with this one. Last v5 issued in 1970 apparently (unlikely) and last taxed in 1990. Looks like it was partly cancelled on dvla's system or something. Help us out @LightBulbFun

I am curious where you got the date of 1970 from? are you using a 3rd party tool (and if so which one?) that sounds like the UNIX time epoch,  I have seen a few 3rd party tools default to that where no data is available :) 

its record on my end checks out fine, does not look like its ever been archived or cancelled by the DVLA

looks like it  was computerised in the mid 1970's and just never had a keeper change so still on its on its original dateless V5 hence "not available" for V5 issue date, and theres no recorded keeper changes :) 

(V5's from inception (1st October 1974) to about 1979~ did not have their issue date recorded/noted on them, so they will show no information available for V5 issue date)

screencapture-vehicleenquiry-service-gov-uk-VehicleFound-2023-03-01-23_59_27.thumb.png.fb2b240b9d944b477942246adb5684a5.png

11 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I am curious where you got the date of 1970 from? are you using a 3rd party tool (and if so which one?) that sounds like the UNIX time epoch,  I have seen a few 3rd party tools default to that where no data is available :) 

its record on my end checks out fine, does not look like its ever been archived or cancelled by the DVLA

looks like it  was computerised in the mid 1970's and just never had a keeper change so still on its on its original dateless V5 hence "not available" for V5 issue date, and theres no recorded keeper changes :) 

(V5's from inception (1st October 1974) to about 1979~ did not have their issue date recorded/noted on them, so they will show no information available for V5 issue date)

screencapture-vehicleenquiry-service-gov-uk-VehicleFound-2023-03-01-23_59_27.thumb.png.fb2b240b9d944b477942246adb5684a5.png

Checkthecar app...

Screenshot_20230302_001029_CheckTheCar.jpg

Screenshot_20230302_001044_CheckTheCar.jpg

I always think when a car like the Singer is pictured, there's a previous owner checking the DVLA site thinking their old car is long gone as it hasn't been taxed in 33 years - but it does actually survive.

Maybe my dad's 1600E and mum's Super Minx are out there - somewhere 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, martc said:

image.thumb.png.fb47332a5356925caa08c1ab83110101.png

What's the sports car? Looks like a Fairthorpe or perhaps an AC. It couldn't be that car could it?

It's a scene from Randall and Hopkirk (deceased). Phun phact - the house in the background is the one occupied by Olive and Co in 'On the Buses'.

Looks like a Berkley to me