The "WTF is that?" thread

bunglebus

1 hour ago, Rust Collector said:

That's a shame. It's just down the road from me and it's probably one of the places that helped to shape my love of cars, my Nan would take me there regularly when I was little.

Yes that is a shame. It's not a million miles from me either and I last went there many years ago. It was a good day out and in a nice setting. I didn't see the Stimson there though but that's unsurprising as I think most of the exhibits were on loan from individuals so liable to change. Yet another reminder of how precarious these smaller museums seem to be and once anything happens to the individual or family behind them, then they just close. Quite a few in the south east alone have closed over the last twenty years or so.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Austat said:

What's the red car? I originally thought Datsun Sunny but it has a different grille and scutter panel vents.

1591734665_ScreenShot2023-01-06at8_30_30pm.thumb.png.8ef633e304448dcdcdc84d31f2a26702.png

Datsun 1200 maybe (with a couple of spotlights fitted)?

[edit] -  I've just twigged that the car I knew as the Datsun 1200 is just a Sunny but exported here - oops

2004-2005[edit]

This contest was won by André Costa with Moovie. His was a bubble-shaped 2-door, 2-seat city car, almost totally enclosed by glass. The creator has stated that the car was designed to be environmentally friendly and ideal for use in cities.[7]

It won the biennial Peugeot Concours Design competition

Peugeot Concours Design - Wikipedia