The "WTF is that?" thread

bunglebus

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 10:00 PM, bunglebus said:

This (and that other abomination) need crowd funding.  Electric or V8 or V12 or hybrid. Perhaps increase the ground clearance. It's fucking ace. 

It's what Ferrari and Porsche and TVR should be making. 

• 1 month later...

Given that it's got those fucking marina door handles again it's got more than a good chance of being BL tat.

Which means it's likely got shitty "prince of darkness" wiring, an asthmatic E-series engine with all the wrong gear ratios, ponderous handling, awful driving position and just using the screenwash will cause all the ignition components to die from moisture ingress.

Not that there are stereotypes in regards to BL tin at all.

46 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Given that it's got those fucking marina door handles again it's got more than a good chance of being BL tat.

Which means it's likely got shitty "prince of darkness" wiring, an asthmatic E-series engine with all the wrong gear ratios, ponderous handling, awful driving position and just using the screenwash will cause all the ignition components to die from moisture ingress.

Not that there are stereotypes in regards to BL tin at all.

So... yes, David - bang on the money there! 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw that on FB this morning. Not sure I've recovered from the 'blue coupé' fiasco to read people's absurdly uninformed 'suggestions'. It's a homemade one-off, probably inspired by the looks of a Kellison. At least it still exists, so one could theoretically just ask the owner exactly what the story is.

Driving position must be outrageously reclined, but I reckon it probably has more headroom than my Heron. I'd be incredibly surprised if there are any Beetle bits in there considering the massive wire wheels. More likely to be Jaguar or perhaps TR running gear. Off the road since at least 1980 so must have had a fairly brief life.

2 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Intrigued as to HTF  you get in and what the driving position is like, more details needed, where was the original picture sourced from? 

Someone spotted it and posted it on FB, as Barrett says, it still exists so the mystery can be solved.