Can we save this?

DoctorRetro

A mates mum had one the same year just in white (javelin Ltd edition) when we were teenagers. Had zero maintenance in the 10 years she owned it, but it just kept going and going. Only thing it ever needed was a battery.

That's my useless information update of the day.

7 minutes ago, Amishtat said:

Only just read through this, saw where it was and realised that's (or rather was) about ten miles away. Ah well. It might well resurface

No it really won't. It's a £200 car which  has been purchased by a chav. The end is inevitably nigh. Such a shame. 

Sigh...

The burn out means it’s probably been bought by some fool the size of a baboon that sounds like his mouth is full of bread when he talks. I’d not bother approaching him to buy it mind, the text based interaction conducted entirely in semaphore will make you lose your mind. In any case after it’s spent an afternoon doing handbrake turns outside a flat roof pub will mean it’s bollocksed.

4 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Offer him £200 plus 6 litres of Frosty Jacks Cider, a microwave mixed grill and a gateaux for 10 from Iceland. 

Why has no one offered me a gateaux for 10 when buying one of my cars? That would be a deal breaker right there. Mmmmmmmm gateau 

If there’s any argy bargy then raise him to a pack of Blue Ribbon biscuits IF he can deliver it. 

I used to deliver for Iceland years ago, sometimes you’d go to some particularly impoverished places and the entire delivery consisted of those microwave steak slices, sausage rolls, gateaux for 10, microwave meals and gallons of Frosty Jacks Cider. Apparently a £4 gateaux is a thrifty way to feed a family of 5 at tea time when you’ve blown all your money at the bookies. Sometimes you’d be delivering the snap in an afternoon and you’d get there and they’d be fast asleep pissed as a fart in the living room, you had to get the neighbours to knock them up, then they’d be that inebriated they’d got no idea what they’d ordered earlier on.

Anyway as you were...

It's looking like this is probably going ahead - thanks to a 'kindly benefactor' on here who wishes to remain nameless. 

Just got the fun of dealing with the seller. 

It's not working out as cheap as I'd hoped, but if it saves it from being raced, it's worth it. 

It's going to be a hard task getting it back to scratch again, will definitely be needing some helpful advice from you knowledgeable lot.

1 hour ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Only just realised that was about 5 miles from my gaff. Had I been in the UK I'd have had that to keep it away from those intent on ovalling/killing it, so that I could offer out to someone on here.

That's kind of my plan. Although current 'owner' has gone quiet. Hope that's not a bad sign. 

Thank goodness it’s been potentially saved from the hands of a complete knuckle dragger. I’ve seen this happen to a couple of cars that I had my eye on, sold within moments of getting funds or the time to go and view and then find out it’s been ragged to death within a month or two. Hope it all goes well on the collection.

Still happening as far as I can tell, fingers crossed. 

I'm not going to stress about it any more. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'll return the money to the benefactor and chalk it down to a lesson learned. 

But if it does turn up this evening as promised, happy days.