Marea Marea...

nigel bickle

"Say Marea, Marea. Whatever will be will be......"

If the plod actually existed anymore on our streets, and they had a spare half hour and saw the car, would they be unhappy with it being an unbraked train or would they assume it's being "recovered" to a place of safety?

Is your signature all current cars?

Yup, legalities of that tow setup? Unknown.  Everyone seems to have a differing view. Two separate Police cars and a Motorway Traffic car all ignored me though. 

Huw, that house is a gutted shell, about to be doubled in size. A true bombsite purchase!

Yup, it’s a 20v.  I’m lucky enough to own three others ( coop, bag & turbo) & Bravo - this is the smoothest - but by no means the quickest. Power seems well adapted to towing, as opposed to outright speed, as the Coupes & Bravo.  Ideal for this job.

I borrowed a Marea estate off a colleague years ago and was impressed by it. I think it was always a bit of a left field choice of car, but very good at what it did. Did I go out and buy one though, of course not, I bought yet another Volvo 240 estate instead. I'm just too predictable and generally go back to what I know.

2002 seems really late for a Marea but Wikipedia says they were made that late and that's never wrong. I guess they just sold so few that most of them that I've seen were probably ex dealer demos or the first influx.

Great to see my old Marea getting proper use. I did see that 02 plated one a few times for sale and think about it, but that goes for most Fiats on the web.

I did spot a 150 20v Weekend the other day, must get my pen and paper out for that!

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a strong towcar, the same engine as my hot Bravo but a completely different power output- torquey yet not fast!

i have a diesel weekend too, the big one, but rarely used right now ( although it is legal). 

This is diesel has covered2-3k now with family, seems to be a frugal,sipper @60 mpg, but a little underpowered. Does feel as if the filters need attention, and the injector light is on now, apparently, so it’s probanly a bit down on power.

mModern 17’s bring it more up to date, and a de badge has the majority head scratching - which is fine by me.