1998 VW Alhambraxy or something. Ouch.

DoctorRetro

I’m pretty certain that blank box counts, making the code 48. The 4 suggests it’s Radiant Red, I’ve cross checked it with a 1998 Colour and Trim brochure for sale on eBay which also says the bright red offered was Radiant Red. I also used a website called lechler.eu which is an awesome resource for paint codes. They suggest the code should be 4z rather than 48 but etis also thinks it’s blue so the paint guys might’ve been a bit loose with the typing.

I’m not sure why I was so invested in checking, maybe I subconsciously want it in the next roffle

5f683795e06f4d61fc41d7afcc2aab78.jpg

4879c660a00e928976ce3833b60921ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After doing some faffing on the Mazda, we left to go out shopping. As we drove out of the car park entrance, there was a loud bang, as if we'd crashed. 

Turns out I'd left the driver's side rear door open, it had swung open and hit the wall as we went past. 

Not too much damage, but still feel really silly. 

IMG_20190615_085508.thumb.jpg.bea54d45f1ad5fa0fc64bda7492cf87d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Anglevan said:

Hpi says registered overseas prior to import. Manufactured 1998 date of registration in UK 1/10/1999. Not on a cherished number but sorry to say is a previous cat C in 2017 but to be fair given its age when written off it could have been for sod all... 

Probably for the front end smack it has had, or the dent in the door. 160k and 20 years it was bound to have seen some action.