Can anyone identify the car

fordperv

Can anyone identify what car this is in the concept, I have been gifted this lovely piece which was owned by a chap who worked at BL then rover as a test track driver he was part of project drive and also the rover tomcat 24hour challenge to name 2 but was part of many more, apparently he got it at his time working there, his son who gave it to me doesnt know the exact year, can anyone identify what car it is  

My thoughts were along the lines of the MG ADO21 but cant be sure

Many thanks

20190527_122028.jpg

21 minutes ago, Dan the van said:

Rover P6BS,Rovers 1967 stillborn mid engined concept?.Full storey on AR Online.Still exists in the Heritage Collection at Gaydon.

Not likely to be the Rover, it`s a LHD, the Rover is a RHD.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         That steering wheel is very Citroen like.

22 hours ago, Kringle said:

Lamborghini Athon by Bertone isn't it?

Same wheel, rear lights, exhaust, front end, dashboard has exactly the same button layout and the engine bay is exactly the same with the rear wing.

1980-lamborghini-athon-concept.jpg

f5d84b73ccd2518a817e82316bbf959745576bac

4gtqwfqwfqwfqwfqwfqwf.jpg

Inspector Morse eat your heart out!

That is amazing you are a legend, I never knew that this car existed, i will take great pride in telling the chaps son what the car is, i knew this place wouldnt let me down it's a wealth of knowledge

7 hours ago, Kringle said:

So is this a print that's etched on to glass or drawn on? It looks fantastic, I hope it finds a nice spot on your walls somewhere.

To me it looks like it's hand drawn held between 2 pieces of glass, I will find it somewhere for it to take pride of place

20190531_224149.jpg

I havnt taken it completely out of the frame incase I screw it up somehow

Bit of an update on this for those interested, I have been talking to the old chap who originally bought the design, I explained to him what the car was and showed him a YouTube video of it to listen to (he has dementia and is visually impaired) we were chatting about the design, he remembers he got it from the rover design studio in canley when it was closing and they were selling everything off to the staff, he doesnt know why they would have an interest in it or even why it would be there, but he is a happy man because he never knew what the car was.

He says thankyou

• 2 years later...