Citroen Centenary- Coventry: Pictures, videos and witty anecdotes... post them here!!

brownnova

As per the title really... 

Who from the beige is off to the Citroen Centenary this weekend? 

Myself, the good lady and of course Daisy-Vera shall be in attendance Friday/Saturday/Sunday. 8A16D942-410E-4F06-A458-D8B7EDEC2474.jpeg

See you there??? 

All Citroen owners welcome, club members or not! 

44 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

There Fri to Sun. Looking forward to the 1000 Citroen convoy on Sunday. That number seems ambitious, but it'll be amazing if it happens.

I thought it ambitious too... I guess we’ll see! 

I'm going on Sunday to Motofest but only as a spectator. I think pushing my grandad's 1987 CX Safari all the way into town wouldnt be the greatest of ideas...

I could take my little C1 but it wouldnt be too impressive to look at and it would just have to be on the Sunday (Saturday I'm off to an autojumble at Tatton Park). Would I need to book just for the Motofest bit and the parade?

Anyway, I hope its as good as I think it will be (I'm already having dreams about it, like a kid at Christmas)

I am....or at least I was until I took the CX into M. Dubois at FCS Colney Hatch Lane on Wednesday last. The new alternator was installed, working and charging by Tuesday this week. Then he started troubleshooting. Then he discovered loose connections and unconnected plugs, quite possibly related to when the rebuilt gearbox was put back in. Is now Thursday afternoon, and not had the call.

Sensible deadline for Coventry would be tomorrow afternoon (Friday) to give time to pick it up, pay the (no doubt considerable) bill, give it a wash, etc.

Not so sensible deadline is Saturday morning, with no time for a wash and polish. I had roped in a friend as a co-driver, and she's wondering what's going on!

We’ll be there Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. Not sure whether to take the Traction or the DS. Mrs Speed says we should take the more reliable one. So probably the  Traction then.  Better give it a wash.

The TOC will be offering refreshments of some sort to members, prospective members or anyone making a really convincing job of pretending to be one at 4pm on Saturday in the marquee. Assuming I get my act together and get some refreshments.

Id love to have gone to this but neither of my Citroens are on the road right now. Driving around Harrogate in 2012 during the ICCCR, where every other car was an old Citroen, was great and I imagine that the atmosphere at this will be nuch the same. Ah, well. See you at the 200th anniversary event in 2119.

I’m going in the 2cv- just finished packing in full expectation of 25 degrees or cold and wet! I plan to leave home at 10 so should be on site midday with a bit of luck. Other Thames tortoises went up today and will hopefully keep a space for my tent. 

Depending on what other friends are doing I will stay to Monday. Then off up to north wales to pick up the x1/9. 

3192631C-669A-4038-883A-71ED2907E98E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Three Speed said:

We’ll be there Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. Not sure whether to take the Traction or the DS. Mrs Speed says we should take the more reliable one. So probably the  Traction then.  Better give it a wash.

The TOC will be offering refreshments of some sort to members, prospective members or anyone making a really convincing job of pretending to be one at 4pm on Saturday in the marquee. Assuming I get my act together and get some refreshments.

Is this you then, Mr Chairman ( rise and bow). I’ve just renewed TOC membership but still no car.  

If there’s a prize  for club membership at the event, I’ve 2cvgb, ccc and TOC ( not mentioning Mercedes benz and the x1/9 club).

4 minutes ago, brownnova said:

We’re debating whether to take the boot box... mainly because we’ve never used it before! 

They can offer quite an aerodynamic advantage- a Kamm Tail effect!

They’re re not bad for increasing luggage space for light things like pillows and sleeping bags. Heavier stuff puts a strain on the bodywork above the lights which eventually cracks.

Once we get home from our Campervan trip to Blackpool (nearly home Mrs brownnova in the captains chair)  I’ll think about packing up the 2CV ready for tomorrow. We’ll see how much space we need! 

Working hours are going to stop me attending this one, unfortunately.  Would have been fun to bobble about Coventry with lots of other Citroens and to meet fellow Citroen owners from here and other places, but oh well.  I hope those that do go get some shots of some lovely Citroens for those of us that can't make it, especially if it's the less glamourous varieties.

201905-28.jpg.2d608c750b0c512fc8fa987cb9830973.jpg

3 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I just mentioned this to mr six cyl, but if anyone isn’t going but needs something from the flea market I can search for let me know. ....

If I don't make it, any small spares that might be useful in a CX S2 GTi would be on my list.... 

And now I've had to repack the car, because former Mrs DW has announced that she is also camping this weekend and wants the small tent. And an airbed. I didn't know we had one, but found one in the damp outbuilding. Amazingly, the batteries in it still worked! Must have been there over eight years...