Shite cars outside posh houses

brownnova

7 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

Watching the news earlier and Boris Johnson drove off in a battered M reg Toyota Previa (I think, too modern for me to be sure!). First time he has ever made me smile!

I`m fairy sure I`ve seen a white Renault 5 Mk2 on his drive, behind him, in recent (within 2 years) news interviews too.

1 hour ago, martc said:

Boris Johnson's future transport...

_38869453_group4_2.jpg

(fingers crossed)

Ooh an Iveco, I hope the air-con/ventilation system in the back is as efficient as the rest of it.

Not a fan of Boris, his carefully caricatured, amiable buffoon, persona is wearing very thin these days, not that he would give a moment's thought to what I think as I'm a pleb in no position to to do him any favours.

I delivered a big order to a very posh house hotel earlier this week, the sort that a week of my wages might get you a room in the quiet season, I very much wanted to take a photo of the Volvo in front of the big steps as it looked in its element. Unfortunately there was a member of staff standing by the door and I couldn't ascertain how asking if it was ok would go.

17 hours ago, uk_senator said:

I knew it was something French, small & "shite" !

Calling Boris, french, and small is as accurate as anything that ever came out of his mouth. 

But shite? Yes. 

On the other hand, calling any AX shite is like saying that Brexit is going well for Trees Are May.  Definately French and Small. 

But shite? Not usually. 

18 hours ago, New POD said:

Calling Boris, french, and small is as accurate as anything that ever came out of his mouth. 

But shite? Yes. 

On the other hand, calling any AX shite is like saying that Brexit is going well for Trees Are May.  Definately French and Small. 

But shite? Not usually. 

No need to get offended Podsta, I meant it in an affectionate way... Its an 80`s Renault, its "shite" as are all mainstream 80`s cars, going by the Autoshite definition.. 

On 5/28/2019 at 12:17 AM, brownnova said:

As per the title... let’s see if we can get a picture thread going! 

Inspired by this big posh house outside which was parked an N reg Micra! 280AC28D-89B8-4352-8536-64B855ADFA6C.jpeg

Where is that? It looks like the old Newhaven Hotel on the A515 between Ashbourne and Buxton. If it is I used to drink there whilst caving at weekends years ago.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:33 AM, HillmanImp said:

Old money always has shite cars outside.

If you see a spanking new Range Rover in front of the stately home, thats new money. 

Too right. I have previously worked for quite a few posh people including;

an earl worth £30,000000-1988 Subaru 1800 GLX, his son- 1989 Mitsubishi Shogun, a former Sheriff of Bristol- 1993 Renault Espace diesel, an owner of a Repton designed country park and lodge- 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser VX....

Nothing shouts old money like an elderly shite car, to be driven in your grandfather's hand-me-down tweed jacket and hand made, thrice resoled boots. 

On 5/31/2019 at 11:05 AM, uk_senator said:

No need to get offended Podsta, I meant it in an affectionate way... Its an 80`s Renault, its "shite" as are all mainstream 80`s cars, going by the Autoshite definition.. 

I am not offended.  I am offended that you think i could be offended. I am offended by myself that i am offended. I really must go shit. 

6 hours ago, Bfg said:

^  In  my day we used to call it pot-holing  :P

well depends where you go, potholing is exploring mostly vertical cave systems, caving horizontal. Most of the systems in the Peak are horizontal so it's usually called caving as opposed to the Dales where you'd find potholing more often used.

7 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

I love the Rover 800 with the ‘MAO’ number plate. For a moment I thought it might be John McDonnell’s, but I don’t think he’d have a partner with a Range Rover. 

The Rover was owned by the Chinese and was used to kick-start their burgeoning car industry.

(whatever happened to the 'true' stories thread?)