A French Fancy

mrdelmonti

I know, I know. Bit flashy and excessive.

I was involved in a car crash a couple of years ago, van doing 70+mph ran into the back of me while I stationery. Ever since I struggled with horrendous back pain in cars without enough lateral support in the seat. After suffering for months and months, the first time I sat in a car with proper bucket seats since the accident was a revelation!

That and weight reduction ?

• 2 weeks later...

So set off this morning for the Bicester Sunday Super Scramble only to turn back and head for home within a couple of miles to swap into the wife's car.  Turns out the rear seatbelts just won't hold the child seats securely, they seem to tighten down at first and then loosen off, I'm not sure if it's the seat padding sinking or the belts themselves.

I'm going to need to find a solution before FOTU.

Any ideas?

Well I think I know how to solve the child seat problem, I need shorter seatbelt catches.

In other news it has decided it prefers it's oil on the outside of the engine. The rocker cover gasket was leaking a little when I got it, so I bought a replacement but hadn't got around to fitting it. Over the weekend it decided to totally give up and I've been topping it up at a rate of nearly a litre every 50 miles! 

So tonight I decided to swap it over, lovely and simple job on this.

IMG_20190627_204754.thumb.jpg.dbbb4b78114ddce679da01b388720be4.jpg

Air inlet, breather pipe, one clip, three bolts and it's off.

IMG_20190627_204802.thumb.jpg.177a45c71fe984906eb4ced51639798f.jpg

Yeah, she's a bit damp.

IMG_20190627_204831.thumb.jpg.b23aea835b463b20bc7ac4e07cf544e3.jpg

Breather split but I think I'll get away with it.

IMG_20190627_212059.thumb.jpg.578d2d0a19c5f96f17fac75c9831acbe.jpg

Back together and cleaned up. Yet to take it on a test run so I'll save that for the drive into work tomorrow, started it up and it seemed oil tight so that's a start, you could see it dripping out on the old one!

Not sure if it is buckle crunch, but allegedly the Britax First Class seat can be made to fit a 205 well.

Which is a pain, as I've literally just bought two more Mothercare specials at £50 a pop to save shuffling between cars

47 minutes ago, loserone said:

We have the same issue with the car seats in the 305.  Let me know if you find the shorter buckles

I'll let you know, I've not really started looking yet but I'll need to sort it before FOTU. Shouldn't be too difficult.

• 3 weeks later...