A French Fancy

mrdelmonti

As some of you might have seen in Chaseracers for sale thread, currency has been exchanged and I am now in possession of a fine specimen of a 205.

Bucketeer kindly picked it up and delivered it to me with a smile on his face, likely from enjoying the power steering and finely honed suspension.

Dropping him back off to his car I'd mentioned I wanted to get a photo of both of the 205s together and surprisingly (I've not seen one on the road in years) another had appeared.

IMG_20190523_192540.thumb.jpg.bfd2e45683cbf79a9e80207fe0f5993d.jpg

Once back home I tried to convince the wife of its delightful charm but she was having none of it.

IMG_20190523_200837.thumb.jpg.b5c55dd89e593dcc88ae025d1c981775.jpg

So once that little argument was over I started ordering parts.

I've pressed it straight into daily duty and took it to work this morning.

IMG_20190524_070856.thumb.jpg.193f9dbf4c3b252893577402041f65a4.jpg

Parts have started to arrive

IMG_20190524_112837.thumb.jpg.1ac6158be5c5f317626e97693ab5c98d.jpg

Still waiting on both v belts, a thermostat and fuel filter to arrive.

Coolant temp light is flickering on occasion so hopefully a service of the cooling system will sort that and if I can find it I'll fit a digital temp gauge I've got.

Bucketeer has also convinced me that a cherry bomb might not be a bad idea ?

I'm sure some other little bits of fettling will occur. Not entirely sure about the current seats or the wheel trims but we'll see.

I'm also thinking about taking it to the festival of the unexceptional.

13 minutes ago, hairnet said:

are you gonna show dave how cheap it can be and 60/40 veg :D

need cleansing of brummie derv :D

Considering it, don't know how well these pumps take to it though. I'll do a bit of reading.

In fairness it seems to use sod all, that or the gauge is broken...

32 minutes ago, mrdelmonti said:

? I'm easily confused, and yes for my sins I work at a VAG dealership. Although for today I have certainly brightened/left a stain on the car park.

less clag outta this than all UR DREVS AHL TOGETHER M9

innit

43 minutes ago, hairnet said:

less clag outta this than all UR DREVS AHL TOGETHER M9

innit

Dear Mr Delmonti,  we apologise for the inconvenience but it appears we neglected to include the hairnet translation booklet in your welcome pack. Unfortunately this is beyond our control as the translator is currently recovering from stressful anxiety and dyslexia following his attempt at the tooSavvy booklet and the printers have gone on strike

MOT day tomorrow, can't foresee any problems other than a sticky seatbelt catch, always get nervous though.

I've also decided the CTI leather seats are coming out so if they're of interest to anyone then let me know. I'm putting the original passenger seat back in and an entirely inappropriate driver's seat in, it's a full bucket seat. In my defense I'm doing it to help with my bad back rather than to cope with the tyre smoking power of the 1.8d.

And it's a...

PASS ?

I didn't think it would have any problem getting through but it's nice to get it out the way.

Tester actually commented on how good everything is, so chaseracer you clearly looked after it, and this was coming from someone that tests modern VWs all day long.

Only a small update, we now have music!

IMG_20190602_201809.thumb.jpg.556df6d26e72e70ee6e46dd41ed6f48e.jpg

I tried to find the least "blingy" modern stereo I could and I'm pretty pleased with this one, being a mechless (no CD) it's actually pretty small so I think the eventual plan will be to hide this one somewhere else and fit a standard looking cassette player purely for looks.

• 2 weeks later...

So not a lot has happened really, too much working and holidaying away from the car, however an entirely inappropriate but necessary seat has arrived.

IMG_20190611_105930.thumb.jpg.af5c172f357cd4f9c71beb4b4caa7d56.jpg

Diesel rally 205 anyone? ?

Nothing permanent is going to be altered so I can always put it back to standard and the standard passenger seat is going back in.