I'm no longer on a train, now V8 wallet drain

anonymous user

And now in Fairlie, in the pub. (Hadn't realised the station was a platform outside the village) Now just an hour to wait for the vendor to finish work and get here. Currently drinking espresso to set me up for the journey home. The shame of being in the pub and not having a quick one. 

Apparently it is traditional to stop at Tebay, so I have. About to eat some food and stick some petrol in. Not sure whether to believe the trip thing (haven't completely worked out how it works yet) but that says I'm averaging 30mpg (it must be lying) although so far I'm sitting at 70mph doing 2000rpm.

A V8 sitting at 70mph and doing 2000rpm will achieve remarkable fuel figures. And if you're stuck in a 50mph roadwork zone they get even happier. Unstressed engine, barely ticking over and yet generating enough power and torque to keep the momentum up...you're never late with a V8 and you are rarely a ball of stress when you arrive, either. :-D

1 hour ago, anonymous user said:

Apparently it is traditional to stop at Tebay, so I have. About to eat some food and stick some petrol in. Not sure whether to believe the trip thing (haven't completely worked out how it works yet) but that says I'm averaging 30mpg (it must be lying) although so far I'm sitting at 70mph doing 2000rpm.

When I used to frequent the 300C forum most of the Hemi owners reckoned on 30mpg on the motorway, Richard K , late of this parish was one of em.

My diesel would do 45mpg if I was very very careful on the motorway , but would rarely show more than 20 around town , so God knows what a V8 will be like.

The computers are quite accurate and have a hidden menu which tells you how much fuel is in each side of the tank and measures 0-60 times.

I could get mine down to about 7 seconds, your target should be 5!

8 hours ago, anonymous user said:

Well so far the car is going better than I am, I'm knackered. Decided to stop for the night, currently at a Holiday Inn just off J15 of M6. I'm just not used to 5 am starts anymore. 

Ohhhhh that holiday in, end of the A500. You’re on the good(ish) side of stoke on Trent!