Scans of old cars from old slides at shows

trigger

9 hours ago, The Reverend Bluejeans said:

Such a pity more old lorries were not saved. The old Fodens and ERF's really are things of beauty. A mid sixties Foden tipper truck would do me nicely for Sheffield traffic wankers. 

A two stroke Foden engine sounds immense. 

Bracebridge Mental Hospital was in Lincoln. Called 'St John's'. The wagon has a Lincolnshire registration (TL) too...

The other Lincolnshire registered wagon (this time FW) Osgerby's coal & coke...Osgerby's haulage were based in Barton on Humber and ran a predominantly Volvo fleet from what I recall.

Quite a lot of the Leyland Beavers in preservation started life as mobile chest x-ray units. Low mileage and long service lives ensured survival. Tuberculosis was the main reason for their existence. The good old days, eh??

20 hours ago, trigger said:

70.thumb.jpg.e8e6ffc5e5c3d65e9d346c43b098c262.jpg130.thumb.jpg.b4c6c6e0c186038d17764ef6b0362cbb.jpg

Citroen Bijou...interesting old thing...guess it was just an old hack then...

Anybody know what the pick-up is in the background of the Mustang pic. It was the first thing I noticed. (Mustangs are Meh...)

At first I thought Mini, but going by the wheels/hubcaps/rear lights I’d say DAF. Plus it appears to be at the back of a DAF dealer stand, going by the flag at top left. 

I love the mustard Daimler Sovereign parked across two bays on the previous page, just shows parking like a tw@t to keep the oiks away is not a new thing! 

Are the funny little vans with the single headlights electric?

I love the  blue ‘Dorothea Restoration Engineers’ one, particularly with the bored looking apprentice in the passenger seat - I say seat, it was probably a milk crate. 

He looks like he’s regretting not working harder at school!