Stance hilarity

djoptix

Apologies if you've already seen this.

Stancey bois take a trip to Austria in their cars featuring MOAR LOWZ, taking pictures all the way for the 'Gram.

On the way there, driving in convoy, they pull over at a service station which is NEXT DOOR TO A POLICE STATION. Of course the German Plod all dash out, all the cars are impounded (opinion is divided on what grounds, but seems likely it's because they have illegal plates, stretched tyres, airbag suspension which is not legal over there, or all of the above), €6000 plus of fines are handed out, cars go off for TUV inspections.

Of course the first thing they do is to bitch and moan about it on Facebook. Cue approx 2000 comments so far, about 25% "Fuk them Kraut cunts u can bet German cars don't get pulled, its coz your English" etc etc and 75% "HAHAHAHA look at those stance twats".

Stancy Merc

merc1.thumb.jpg.6896b87be44d540cfb103714599b3a09.jpg

Sad millenials

merc2.thumb.jpg.3d05af7f955ff340765c9f6de02436c9.jpg

Police picture of said Merc

merc3.thumb.jpg.95386c7d4170e0844aa801093ec4401c.jpg

State of that.

This happens

ohdear.thumb.jpg.2cdb47702941036d2a1b6de5bf1cc351.jpg

Also this happens

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1393082/Hitler-reacts-to-stance-mongs

How do they pass the MOT? I’m not an MOT tester but there’s no way that Merc should pass the test when only about 25% of the tyres tread is in contact with the road. 

The MOT test is only as good as the tester's morals and their relationship with the person presenting the car for a test.

One thing that has been bothering me...

These are UK registered cars, why should they have to pass testing at TUV? As long as they pass a UK MOT then that should suffice. If the German police reckon it would fail a UK MOT, then surely it should be tested to the UK MOT book?

If not, then surely even just changing an exhaust on a UK car would be illegal. Including if for example you put a UK exhaust that the manufacturers haven't gone to the hassle of TUV approval - like many are. 

The reason I say this is because the German TUV and regs are stricter than UK MOT. E.g. all modded parts have to be TUV approved for that car - including engine remaps, etc. So changing to most aftermarket rims wouldn't pass. Does it mean you can't drive a UK IVA'd car into Europe?

They probably take a common sense approach. Yeah, the cars tested but as we all know that only means its safe at the point that it's tested. 

If the car has obvious defects, whether or not they were present at the time of the test, and its on the road you should apply the law.

Looking at it another way, if they were speeding in a legal car and were only just over the limit they'd get a ticket or a warning. If you were doing 150mph in a built up area, they'd bum you. 

If these lads had done some minor mods on their cars the police wouldn't care. As it is they've broken the law and have been punished accordingly. 

9 minutes ago, Eddie Honda said:

A tyre with knackered sidewalls is a tyre with knackered sidewalls anywhere.

This is true, but reading other articles and reports on this, it appears they take issue with the mods. I guess the question is, would these mods pass the UK MOT? I can't see anything that would necessarily fail it, but then I'm not a tester thus don't know the rules and how they are implemented in practice. 

If it passes UK regs and MOTs, then it surely should be ok as a temporary visitor under the Vienna convention. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_Convention_on_Road_Traffic

• The vehicle must meet all technical requirements to be legal for road use in the country of registration. Any conflicting technical requirements (e.g., right-hand-drive or left-hand-drive) in the signatory country where the vehicle is being driven do not apply.

I don't really have a tremendous amount of sympathy for them. Maybe that's just my own prejudice about their choice of modifications marking them out as tossers, but surely you'll regularly be getting pulled by the Police over here if your car's in that kind of state? What did they expect when they went to a country where the rules are stricter and consequences more severe?

23 minutes ago, SiC said:

• The vehicle must meet all technical requirements to be legal for road use in the country of registration. Any conflicting technical requirements (e.g., right-hand-drive or left-hand-drive) in the signatory country where the vehicle is being driven do not apply.

The Mercs mods are not a technical issue, they're a  danger issue. Aside from the fact it isn't legal in the UK anyway, if they consider it dangerous on the German roads you won't be going any further with it.  Technical requirements are amber/ clear indicators etc, not tyre heavily fouling the bodywork.

14 minutes ago, spike60 said:

The Mercs mods are not a technical issue, they're a  danger issue. Aside from the fact it isn't legal in the UK anyway, if they consider it dangerous on the German roads you won't be going any further with it.  Technical requirements are amber/ clear indicators etc, not tyre heavily fouling the bodywork.

I agree they're possibly ill-advised but are the mods actually illegal in the UK? I'm not convinced.

This does remind me of that geezer who was made to suffer when he souped up his OMG PCP Astra VXR, put in for warranty  worm which was refused due to the modifications.

His instinctive response was "who reads the small print?"  

People who aren't idiots, that's who.