New series- Car years ITV 4 now

HMC

New series (actually started last week) Vicky Butler Henderson plus a bloke I recognise but can’t name. Basically they compaire 2 cars from a given year and que a bit of a history lesson / talking heads- tonight the year is 1955 and roadsters

13 minutes ago, HMC said:

Quite a factual and informative car programme!

Maybe worth checking out then. Generally not a fan of VBH (possibly the only bloke that isn't?) and even less so of Alex Riley - was worried that the show might be a bit dummed down to suit the average viewer like most car shows on the mainstream channels these days seem to be. Like that abomination that is Mission Ignition, saw the first show and wondered how they could possibly make an hour long programme about cars that tells you absolutely nothing about cars.

Give me Find It Fix It Drive It any day, Henry and Sam are so good that I can even stomach having to listen to Jo Brand's narration and that's saying something!

I quite enjoyed it. I wasn't keen on the Talking Heads stuff which was a little bit 'Nations favourite Tampon adverts' but at least they had car people doing it and not Paul Ross and Buster Bloodvessel or something, so even if it was partially scripted it looked less so.

I must admit something refreshing was a lack of false jeopardy (“will this latest setback see them miss the deadline....”) which has almost started to feel a bit insulting to watch, is almost a standard part of lots of car related output on telly. 

3 hours ago, HMC said:

I must admit something refreshing was a lack of false jeopardy (“will this latest setback see them miss the deadline....”) which has almost started to feel a bit insulting to watch, is almost a standard part of lots of car related output on telly. 

I'm really looking forward to the Car SOS where everything goes exactly to plan, they get finished early and go down the pub.

And Tim doesn't act like a twat.