Slightly dull Aldi A4 ragtop purchasage

CortinaDave

Decided with the ZT needing a good few hundred spent to get another MOT I'd rather bail out and have a change.

Couple of weeks of looking at some complete dross and I've picked this up.  6 months ticket and 94k - 1200 quid.

Pretty chuffed with it. There is a bit of an oil smell which appears to be a dodgy breather pipe and the coolant is like lentil soup, otherwise its in properly great nick.

Drives nicely - much better than the ragtop saab 93's i've had in the past, but I am missing the ZT's cruise control

Still amazes me what you can buy for not much cash if you're prepared to put the time in looking through the reams of snotters on gumtree.

Anything i need to look out for on these?

20190512_190453.jpg

20190505_200451.jpg

20190512_190437.jpg

2 minutes ago, CortinaDave said:

Anything i need to look out for on these?

Oil in the coolant............oh wait......yeah. Lol. Make sure that you don’t grow a knob in a place where it can be seen clearly. On a lighter note, not a bad looking convertible these.... 

4 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Oil in the coolant............oh wait......yeah. Lol. Make sure that you don’t grow a knob in a place where it can be seen clearly. On a lighter note, not a bad looking convertible these.... 

Ha! I don't think its anything sinister, the coolant just looks old rather than oily, and I've knocked up a good few hundred miles in it this week with no nasties. Time will tell though !